£2K PC build - Part Advice/Guidance please?

Associate
Hi guys,

So at the moment I have (pending delivery today!) one piece of the puzzle which is a 3080.

I've put together a parts list below, wondering if you guys can cast an eye and advise if required please?

https://uk.************.com/list/gd83zN

It will only be used for gaming which is why i ultimately opted for an intel CPU rather than wait for the new ryzen 4000 and i would like to do a little overclocking (haven't done it before but would like to have a try).

Any guidance much appreciated, thank you
J

Associate
OP
Realised the link doesn't work here..

Also i will add additional case fans but not sure which ones as there are so many to pick from! (oh and i want as little rgb as possible).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hi

Links don't work in 2n

To show a basket here you new to click the bb code button at the bottom right of the page, then a box will pop, copy what's in the box and then paste here.

Man of Honour
Unfortunately you can't post competitors prices of overclockers on this forum it's again st the forum rules.

Just list part

Why have you gone for a 9900k over a 10700k they are effectively the same, though the 10700k needs a z490 motherboard.

The z490 brings pcie4 .

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Purely from research the 9900k seems to outperform the 10700k? also i thought pci4 was only on the latest ryzen motherboards, not the z490 intel boards? (I am pretty new to all this though!)

Associate
I don't think there's much difference in performance between the 9900k and the 10700k.
Also with the Z490 motherboard you will have one more cpu range to upgrade to.

Also I think I read some Z490 motherboards support pcie 4 with an 11th generation cpu.
Best to check though.

Soldato
@mickyflinn it's a Z490 motherboard for the 10700k.
Very expensive board won't make CPU any faster or longer lasting.
Intel doesn't even have upgrade path for platform to last long.

Those compact slim radiators don't have any advantage in heat dissipation into air over best heatpipe coolers.
While being fashion overpriced.
If waterpipes are must, Arctic has actually beefier thicker radiators in Freezer II serie and at proper prices.

And Samsung drives are all more or less seriously brand overpriced.
Adata SX8200 Pro is one of the better priced drives and also very good for home/gaming use workloads.

Back
Top Bottom