2nd Build

Associate
Title is a bit non descriptive i know.

I am finally going to be building a new computer after having my current machine for a good 5+ years now.

This is my current computer;
  • Mobo: Asus Z97-A
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHz Socket
  • RAM: Hyper X Beast Series 16GB 2133MHz DDR3
  • PSU: Corsair CX 750W Fully Wired 80+ Bronze
  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4GB GDDR5
  • CASE: Aerocool Aero-1000 Black Case
  • Storage;SanDisk Plus 120GB(os) & 2tb barracuda

So i'm a bit behind "new" now..

Heres my plan, Open to adjustments apart from the bits i've already got.
(Prices are Overclockers pricing, rounded up a bit, unless otherwise stated)
  • Mobo: Asus X570 TUF *Purchased
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X *Purchased
  • RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3200mhz 32gb kit *Purchased
  • PSU: Corsair RM850X *Purchased
  • GPU: My old 980 until i can get a 3070 (i will have to save up a bit for that step)
  • Case: Coolermaster Masterbox TD500 Mesh *Purchased
  • Storage: Kingston A2000 1TB *Purchased & I'll use my 2tb Barracuda again
  • CM ELV8 gpu bracket *Purchased (because more rgb)
  • Dummy Corsair vengence pro kit (to fill empty dimm slots) *Purchased

Monitors wont change, they are;
HP 27xq (2560x1440@144Hz)
SAMSUNG (1920x1080@60Hz)
I'll also be getting a external bluray player as i have a bluray drive which i can't use in new case.

So i was wondering if anyone has any input/suggestions on changes to my plan before i spend more that i have so far.

Finally, a pic of the "progress" so far.
dl4UEfh.jpg

Edit: I've realized/remembered that Ryzen Gen4/ Zen3/ 5000 series, whatever its most commonly known as, is due to be announced in a few weeks or so. So i guess it would be best to wait and see what that'll be like in terms of pricing and performance.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i thought i would post some pics of my current setup, for later comparison and since i worked out why my pic in first post didn't show properly.
POmA8Sq.jpg hVBK0XY.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So i made a little aleration to the plan so far, i got a 32gb kit of Corsair Vengence rgb PRO and a dummy kit for the empty slots instead of the LPX kit i'd originally planned. Its just the Motherboard, cpu and psu i'll get now. Most likely take until next year to save again for the gpu, my 980's still got life in it, although its temps have been a little on the higher side of late.

Associate
OP
Another update. I now have a Asus TUF Gaming X570-plus Motherboard on my pile of new parts, and i have ordered a 5600X that I am hoping i will receive in January. I also got a 240gb sata ssd for free with the Mobo not really sure what i'll use that for yet.

I got a Corsair RM 850x psu too, Although remarkably, just 2 days after receiving the new psu, my current psu decided to start smelling a bit on the burny side, its almost as if it knew a replacement was sitting on a pile just metres away, so i've put the 850x into my current pc .

I can't wait to finally start putting it all together. Its just the CPU i'm waiting for, and then the GPU to purchase, but i can use good ol' 980 until that time.

https://imgur.com/PRJLTsD

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Another update to this boring buildlog, I cancelled my order for the 5600x. ordered a 5800x instead as there seemed to be a bit of stock of them... And i received it today yippeee.
I can put it all together now, if i hadn't misplaced my larger usb drive to make a windows media drive :/ ordered a replacement though so in a few days I'll have everything i need to upgrade :)

Back
Top Bottom