2nd Memory module problem. PC won't boot

Associate
I have recently purchased a new memory module for my old system.

It is a Shuttle SS51 (view here) and It was using a Corsair 512MB PC2700 module view here

I bought the same memory for the second slot. However, windows will not boot when both modules are plugged in, but each will work on their own in slot 1.

i'm stuck for ideas and dont know enough, can you help?

Associate
OP
erm, don't quite know which settings to be altering in the bios to slacken the timings. There are too many different settings and I don't want to bugger the comp up any more.

Which should i change? sorry for being a bit stupid but never changed mem setting before :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
I strong don't reccomend advising people to change the vdimm if they don't know what they are doing :p

Associate
bustburr said:
erm, don't quite know which settings to be altering in the bios to slacken the timings. There are too many different settings and I don't want to bugger the comp up any more.

Which should i change? sorry for being a bit stupid but never changed mem setting before :rolleyes:

do both mem work in slot 2 ? if it does then try having mem in the 2 slots with power off, clear cmos, boot up.

Back
Top Bottom