2TB sabrent Rocket no longer detected and appears to be very very dead

tey

tey

Associate
first off im only here seeking advice on if its possible to fix this on my end, i tried on other forums after attempting to RMA it and they admitted it was faulty and yet they still refuse to RMA it and i could not think of anything to help fix it

----------------------------------------

recently my sabrent rocket 2tb nvme drive has died(and very rarely used as im a key worker in the UK and i havent had the time to enjoy it) with solid proof and sabrent have refused my RMA request despite admitting it was genuinely defective and being well over a year left in warranty and im hoping some of you guys can come up with a solution to fix it if i havent found it myself

hardware is (yes they scrutinised my hardware as if it was my fault it failed)

CPU is Ryzen 5 3600
Psu is evga supernova G2 750w
GPU is palit rtx 3070
No other devices using PCIe slots and have tried swapping the drive to the second m2 slot on my MSI b550m mortar WiFi motherboard

confirmed invoice and address but they are refusing my RMA request

its not a cheap component so if theres anything i missed can you let me know, i have attached a screencap showing in sabrents own control panel the drive is actually dead

sabrentRMA.thumb.jpg.86a7ecd3a83cc8a4fddf9291f95a76da.jpg

Associate
Have they given you a reason for rejecting RMA ? Also did you buy it from a retailer, if so you can perhaps pursue a returns through them as the retailer selling it has to support the warranty process in the first year ( I believe)

tey

tey

Associate
OP
its absolutely full scale scummy of them to treat a keyworker this way, i highly advise against anyone having any business with sabrent, they will not honor their warranty and they will ask a million questions to get out of having to honor it and when they admit its their fault, they will still not honor the warranty, if anyones interested at this point im open to post all the emails for proof

Soldato
Drop a line to Amazon (if you got it there) , they need to honour the warranty. Note Sabrent give 5yr warranty on Rocket pcie SSD. Can you post their response?

tey

tey

Associate
OP
Where did you buy it from?

And on what grounds did they refuse RMA?

ebay, which they claimed was not an official retailer and they refused the RMA because of that after admitting the drive needed to be replaced, it is now back in its original packaging and in pristine condition except for the fact it doesnt work

tey

tey

Associate
OP
Drop a line to Amazon (if you got it there) , they need to honour the warranty. Note Sabrent give 5yr warranty on Rocket pcie SSD. Can you post their response?

Hello xxxxxxxxx ,

Thank you for getting in contact with Sabrent support, I apologize for the issue you were having with your 2 TB Rocket drive, I will be glad to assist you with the request.

As per your screenshot yes, it looks like the device must be replaced, please reply with the following:

1. Pictures showing the front and the back of the SSD
2. The copy of your purchase invoice

Also please confirm your current shipping address. Once we have that information we will validate the warranty on the product.

I will leave the ticket open waiting for your reply, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience

Regards,

--
xxxxxxxxx
[email protected]

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 3:39 PM EDT,

--------------------

Hello,

you will need to contact eBay

Unfortunately, we will not be able to help with this unit because that is not an authorized seller.

Best regards,

How would you rate my reply?
Great Okay Not Good

--
Alfred G
[email protected]

Man of Honour
ebay, which they claimed was not an official retailer and they refused the RMA because of that after admitting the drive needed to be replaced, it is now back in its original packaging and in pristine condition except for the fact it doesnt work
Thats the problem with ebay thinking your getting a bargain untill warranty issiues arise.

Its a common mistake people make with ebay.

tey

tey

Associate
OP
Thats the problem with ebay thinking your getting a bargain untill warranty issiues arise.

Its a common mistake people make with ebay.

its still very very illegal, it was a brand new and sealed product and it was well looked after to the point i even kept its packaging. i would avoid sabrent like the plague now if this is how they treat customers. in the past i have had to RMA other pc parts very sparingly over 10 years and sabrent is the only company that has refused to take accountability and replace it, even intel were quick to replace a dead cpu about 8 years ago and that was my last RMA request before this

Caporegime
its still very very illegal, it was a brand new and sealed product and it was well looked after to the point i even kept its packaging

It's not illegal though. It's in most T&Cs when buying from ebay/non authorised resellers. I also believe that your contract is with the seller and not the company of the product, so I would try and go back to who sold you the item?

You bought a resold item, unless you bought through a trader (registered etc). So get in touch with them and let them do the work. If you bought through a reseller (essentially 2nd hand, sealed or not) then your **** out of luck.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello xxxxxxxxx ,

Thank you for getting in contact with Sabrent support, I apologize for the issue you were having with your 2 TB Rocket drive, I will be glad to assist you with the request.

As per your screenshot yes, it looks like the device must be replaced, please reply with the following:

1. Pictures showing the front and the back of the SSD
2. The copy of your purchase invoice

Also please confirm your current shipping address. Once we have that information we will validate the warranty on the product.

I will leave the ticket open waiting for your reply, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience

Regards,

--
xxxxxxxxx
[email protected]

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 3:39 PM EDT,

--------------------

Hello,

you will need to contact eBay

Unfortunately, we will not be able to help with this unit because that is not an authorized seller.

Best regards,

How would you rate my reply?
Great Okay Not Good

--
Alfred G
[email protected]

Maybe ask Alfred G (hilarious) if he could stop using historical pseudonyms and pull his finger out of his a** !

tey

tey

Associate
OP
just considering my options, it literally says on the packaging and in the manual 5 years manufacturer warranty if registered and 1 year warranty if not and it was registered and it is still well within the first year and barely used and im fairly sure no retailer in the UK will deal with this after the first 6/12 months

Caporegime
just considering my options, it literally says on the packaging and in the manual 5 years manufacturer warranty if registered and 1 year warranty if not and it was registered and it is still well within the first year and barely used and im fairly sure no retailer in the UK will deal with this after the first 6/12 months

Retailers have to. The issue they have is you didn't buy from a retailer. Its fairly common unfortunately.

An example Being garmin.

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=wLOIaH52wd1I84D2BKy7m9

tey

tey

Associate
OP
Retailers have to. The issue they have is you didn't buy from a retailer. Its fairly common unfortunately.

An example Being garmin.

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=wLOIaH52wd1I84D2BKy7m9

but it was bought from a legitimate store and not an auction. i will contact ebay to see what they have to say about this but i think it is entirely sabrents responsibility to replace it after admitting it was defective and i will be primarily be holding them accountable

Man of Honour
but it was bought from a legitimate store and not an auction. i will contact ebay to see what they have to say about this but i think it is entirely sabrents responsibility to replace it after admitting it was defective and i will be primarily be holding them accountable
While i dont disagree with you that they should honour warranty the fact remains it wasn't an authorized seller so they dont have to.

Unfortunately your going to have to take it on the chin and learn your lesson but i do hope you get a soloution and would like to hear if you do.

Good luck.

Caporegime

Don't contact ebay, its nothing to do with them. Contact the store. If the store don't do anything, contact trading standards about the store. You won't get anywhere going after saberent. But good luck.

Back
Top Bottom