3 pin aura to 4 pin

Associate
Hopefully i can get help here. I bought a gamemax case that comes with a fan controller. The controller has space for 5 3 pin fans and pwm and aura sockets. But they are all 3 pin. My mobo is an asus tuf b450 pro gaming which has a 4 pin rgb header my issue is. How can i hook a 3 pin cable to my controller and connect itto my 4 pin rgb header on my mobo. If its poasible where can i get a cable from. Thanks.

Associate
Hi there, did the controller not come with any cables? If this is the correct controller, here is a diagram to help.

1539524240313787.png

Associate
OP
Its very similar to that. My argb only has 3 pins in the socket but did not get tge cable from controller to mobo. I have been told my controller is 3 pin 5v whereas my mobo is 4 pin12v. Also. On your pic. My pwm and sw r on top. And the bottom is sata power. Butpretty much the same otherwise

Associate
I'm kinda confused by what you're saying. If you dont have any cables to connect the controller to the motherboard then you'll obviously need to buy some, have a look on some websites for cables maybe. Does this look helpful?
ASUS-AURA-SYNC-5V-3-pin-RGB-10-Hub-Splitter-SATA-Power-3pin-ARGB-Adapter-Extension.jpg_q50.jpg

Associate
OP
I have the cables to power it on. Sw and pwm cables. All the fans and argb are plugged in and working. I just cant connect to the mobo so i can sync with aura. My mobo has a 4 pin rgb header. That cable only has 3 pins

Associate
I realise that this is an old thread, but the answer I think is as follows:

It sounds like the case controller uses a ARBG header; something that your mobo doesn't have so I suspect what you are trying to control with your mobo is not going to work.

If you can reply with the model of case you have then I can try to look into it?

From reading other people on other sites with similar issues, the best product they came up with is a "DEEP COOL RGB Convertor, 5V ADD-RGB to 12V RGB Transfer Hub, Motherboard with 12V 4-pin Header can Contorl 5V ADD-RGB Products" from another online retailer (note: the link I had goes to the USA, and I would rather find a UK link and make sure it is ok with the rules before posting it, unless OC have the product? Haven't actually checked)

Back
Top Bottom