~£300 for a new TV?

Soldato
Hello All,

My niece is moving into her first home and is in the market for a TV, she's approx £300 and is looking at 40"ish...

What would you recommend?

Cheers,

Soldato
several on forum, including myself, have been happy with purchases from Panasonic ebay store ..
so 40ex700 from the panasonic ebay store £300, wouldn't be a bad choice.

Associate
you may be buying a vestel tv with a Panasonic badge especially at the lower end, they are not regarded with the esteem they once had.

Permabanned
you may be buying a vestel tv with a Panasonic badge especially at the lower end, they are not regarded with the esteem they once had.

I don't agree. It is about 4K, isn't it too early for these games with 4K?

I can't recall the location of production but still...

Soldato
from vestel wiki
some LED TVs sets from Panasonic, such as the A300, CX350 and CX400, are made by Vestel, these are mainly entry level/budget, 'HD-ready', HD and some low
not exhaustive, but, as Laurence Olivier said -

"Is it safe" - the ex700 would be

Permabanned
from vestel wiki

some LED TVs sets from Panasonic, such as the A300, CX350 and CX400, are made by Vestel, these are mainly entry level/budget, 'HD-ready', HD and some low

not exhaustive, but, as Laurence Olivier said -

"Is it safe" - the ex700 would be

My Panasonic TX-50CX670 is assembled by Panasonic AVC Networks Czech in Plzen, the Czech Republic.
Also, we are speaking about CXW754 and FX550B.

I guess that Vestel Turkey doesn't make any Panasonic but that their factories are used for the assembly with Japanese parts.

Soldato
My Panasonic TX-50CX670 is assembled by Panasonic AVC Networks Czech in Plzen, the Czech Republic.
Also, we are speaking about CXW754 and FX550B.

Raggs didn't specify a context ? .. I had suggested ex700 because they aren't vestel, like the preceeding dx750 or newer fx700/740/750 aren't .

saying that, the samsung 43nu7400, from the other thread, if it is on offer again at 350 would be better, maybe; just need to watch hotuk as xmas approaches.

Caporegime
I have read some good things about HiSense, will have a look cheers.

Anyone want to put me off them? :)

Well, based on what has been mentioned, only the Panny FX550 and Hisense seem to be available.

The Panny is £350, IPS, and I can't find any reviews.
The Hisense is £280, VA, and has a good review when it was £50 more expensive.

Personally, I prefer VA to IPS on TVs (I have 2 Samsung VAs at the moment), so that and saving £70 make the Hisense a no-brainer for me.

Permabanned
Its arguable Hisense is knocking out some of the best budget TVs around, Panasonic are certainly nothing special.

lol Panasonic manufacturers the best TVs in all price ranges. How does it come they are "nothing special"? :confused:
In this case, you have Japanese quality and innovation against something from China, probably just an imitation.

Back
Top Bottom