306 D Turbo Overheating

Soldato
Enfield said:
The boost compensator screw makes the most difference I found. It puts more fuel in before the turbo cuts in so when it does cut in it doesn't feel like it's turboed. I'm not sure if it provides more fuel when the turbo spooled up or not though.

I adjusted the boost too by shortening the wastegate arm? I think it actually made it slower though since I didnt want to mess about with the fuel pump screw thingy.

The boost compensator only starts fuelling when it comes on boost and at most, only accounts for 20% of the total fuel delivery.
I think you should have a tinker with the max fuel screw :)

Soldato
s0ck said:
The boost compensator only starts fuelling when it comes on boost and at most, only accounts for 20% of the total fuel delivery.
I think you should have a tinker with the max fuel screw :)

Thought it might have.

Err, I wrote it off last year :p Tis in Pug heaven.

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
There's the:

1.9D, 70bhp, 0-60 16.6 seconds, 100mph top speed, IG4
1.9TD, 92bhp, 0-60 12.4 seconds, 111mph top speed, IG5
2.0HDi, 90bhp, 0-60 12.4 seconds, 112mph top speed, IG5

The HDi is the best option

MPG is far better on the HDI however.

Last edited:
Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
I got those specs from Parker's for the D-Turbo

Yeah it's incorrect.

It's been proved by a certain member on these boards that it can do under 10s. Also it shares the same engine as the Citroen ZX which according to Parkers does 0-60 in 10.2s I think it is?

Soldato
Charlie Bravo said:
With rgds to the temperature, make sure there is also enough oil in the car. My old 306 1.9D was overheating and although the coolant level was fine, I was low on oil. When I topped up, it went away.

Yeah almost forgot about the oil and diesel turbos...

They need an oil change every 6,000 miles. If it hasn't been done for a while I recommend that you do it. What sort of mileage has it covered?

-Mike- said:
But it was false and he cheated and moved the g-meter from another car so its not real is it Enfield. Jeez I thought you would have worked that out :p ;)

My bad :p

Back
Top Bottom