306 D Turbo Overheating

Soldato
Glad you got it sorted out mate :) Sorry about ruining your thread but they always create a bit of chat on here, normally for the OMGZ SCREW MODZ reason, but the rover has taken crown of chat topics with its HGF problems :)

Soldato
OP
-Mike- said:
Glad you got it sorted out mate :) Sorry about ruining your thread but they always create a bit of chat on here, normally for the OMGZ SCREW MODZ reason, but the rover has taken crown of chat topics with its HGF problems :)
No worries!

On here its either:

- 306 Dturbo screw mod
- mondeos
- HGF

err I think thats it

:)

Associate
-Mike- said:
pfft my pug has just done hgf today :/

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
The HDi by some margin

Did you get that from parkers again?? ;) You wanna watch this one, sleeps with his parkers it seems ;) :D Definately though as AJ said, the HDI is a LOT quieter, a lot more refined, a lot more tunable and has better mpg. If you are going to spend the money on a 306 and have the money for a HDI you'd be foolish not to get the hdi over the old dt.

Soldato
The HDi seems higher spec'd. Problem is, if I was to spend money on a 306, it would only be 2.5k. Getting a Hdi for that price is hard.

I remember a relative having an R reg D-Turbo and it was extremely noisy lol.

What about mileage on a HDi? In my price range, it will be 100k plus? Is this ok? Is FSH a must on a HDi with over 100k miles?

Soldato
FSH on a high mileage diesel is pretty important. They need to be looked after with regular oil changes etc to keep everything running sweet. I'm not sure if you could get a HDI for that price, but i'm guessing higher mileage would open up some options for you.

Are you dead set against the xsara?

Soldato
If its been nannied with its oil changes and had a recent cambelt change or isn't due one for a while I cant see there being a problem with it. My car has pretty much full service history and is far from perfect so the SH doesn't always mean everything I guess?

Someone else would be better to advise on that part though. Personally FSH is a good idea on a high mileage turbo'd derv :)

Soldato
-Mike- said:
Did you get that from parkers again?? ;) You wanna watch this one, sleeps with his parkers it seems ;) :D Definately though as AJ said, the HDI is a LOT quieter, a lot more refined, a lot more tunable and has better mpg. If you are going to spend the money on a 306 and have the money for a HDI you'd be foolish not to get the hdi over the old dt.

lol

I think that was What Car but I've been in cars with both engines and the HDi was definitely better! :D

Soldato
digitalwolf said:
If somebody could upload a video/ sound clip of their D-Turbo starting up, would like to see the emissions as well though so video would probably be best. ;)

Same for HDi aswell. :)

You'd like to see the emissions? What do you expect to see? It doesn't smoke when you start it! Its just noisy.

Back
Top Bottom