306 D Turbo Overheating

Soldato
Just been chatting to enfield about them.

Is the gap between the HDi and D-Turbo so big? If I could pick up a D-Turbo for £1500 i'd be laughing. To get a HDi for 2.5k, it would mean a car that had been hammered into the ground for 6 years.

Soldato
-Mike- said:
Mine doesn't?
Then you must have the cleanest Dturbo in existance :p

Usually get a slight puff, unless your injectors/glow plugs/etc have been serviced fairly recently.

Soldato
Shame you're dead set against a Xsara, I got my HDi over a year ago for £2795, so they're probably about £2k now for the older ones.

No video kit to record anything with, but its a good bit quieter and smoother than the 306 TD I test drove. Was clearing the ice of my car a couple of weeks ago when my sister started her Clio diesel (old 1.9) next to mine and my engine sounds were completely blanketed.

Never seen any black or smoky emissions, its not exactly a breath of fresh air from the exhaust but its not too bad.

Cambelt change on mine was done a couple of months before I bought the car - £275. A lady owner, so she might have been fleeced.

Soldato
Well I went to see it, and although it was a nice car, it was overpriced and I have decided to stick with public transport, and the car sharing with my mom.

It will give me more time to top my bank balance up :)

Soldato
digitalwolf said:
Well I went to see it, and although it was a nice car, it was overpriced and I have decided to stick with public transport, and the car sharing with my mom.

It will give me more time to top my bank balance up :)

How much was it mate and what was the condition? To the poster above, cambelt change on my car was £90 all in.

Soldato
-Mike- said:
How much was it mate and what was the condition? To the poster above, cambelt change on my car was £90 all in.

£2000 with full years MOT and 3 months warrenty.

£500 overpriced I say. It had 80k miles on it.

Soldato
digitalwolf said:
He wasn't going to budge on price (lowest £1850), and for an extra £500 I could get a high mileage HDi which has A/C. Nice A/C is. :p

What do you call high mileage HDI? HDI is a far better buy than the old DT for definate.

Soldato
Could somebody (westy) upload some videos of the HDi?

I've sat in one at idle,but have never been in one when it's being driven.

My mates got an old d-turbo and said that the clutch is like an on/off switch :(

Back
Top Bottom