• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060 Ti FE Artefacts/Artifacts

Soldato
Hi all,

My PC has been fine since November, with very few issues. Unfortunately today I have noticed little graphic "upsets" on the screen. Some scenarios:

1. New tab in Chrome, as I am typing in the search bar, some artefacts pop up in the main window of Chrome and jump around a little as I type.
2. CAD on screen 1, Teams on screen 2. I type a message on Teams, artefacts pop up on my CAD program. I click back to CAD program and artefacts disappear
3. Open GeForce Experience window and they're everywhere, as per the image at the bottom of this post.

I notice I can update my GeForce driver, however it hasn't been an issue on this version until today. I also notice some driver updates for the motherboard.

Could this be related to a power cut we had a few days back? The power went off while I was working, came back on immediately which automatically started up the PC, only to cut off again before it reached the BIOS loading screen. When it came back on after that it stayed on but a few times later on the lamp was flickering yet the PC stayed on.

Screenshot of GeForce window below. The artefacts I saw in points 1 & 2 were nowhere near as bad as this:
y4mns-YGaQiDk-3U2R0sbaZu2uS4fNNkvKVVRT45Ds15H4Vu8lsui8J1yBIT4k-WiN5UQMkt7rYvpBOiIsYdql4ALy_4CXzw4I4mte6e2SYhtlCCxca15Z5Dll1cMOio1CcHZ5SS8mpTDEN2XoWuXMH9kdS5n8vQdJ59i_PnDYwKQU3XVu-LJjoGcv2G0gdeE9a

Soldato
Looks memory issue on the gpu or possibly corrupted drivers. Have you tried the card in a different machine to rule out its not the card at fault?

Also trying reinstalling clean drivers for the gpu before further testing.

The power cuts can cause sudden spikes in electrical current especially on sensitive components like the gpu but the psu (depending on what brand) usually has built in protection to stop this.

Soldato
OP
Cheers Jay. The PSU is a Seasonics Focus PX-750. Hopefully it handled the power cuts safely.

I have updated the GeForce Studio driver. On with mobo drivers now, then will restart and update the BIOS. Hopefully that will sort it out. Unfortunately I don't have another machine to try out the GPU. I have been having another issue which may be related, in another thread, where one of my monitors won't wake up with the PC until I unplug one of the displayport cables and plug it back in. It doesn't matter which cable, doing this wakes the second monitor up. I did think it was the monitor, but now with this maybe I have a dodgy FE card.

Back
Top Bottom