• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti good enough for 3440x1440 at 60fps?

Associate
OP
https://tpucdn.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-6700-xt/images/average-fps_3840-2160.png
average fps 66 at 4k

depends on the game and settings, really. May need to call on DLSS for some titles like Cyberpunk.
But overall should do fine.
For example 3080 would be an overkill

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Could always lower some settings in the more demanding game. I got lucky and found one at MSRP. it might be a good stop-gap for a year or so before getting something more powerful.

Associate
What games do you play? For the most part everything should be good especially if you're fine with turning down some settings. For future games though you might start struggling sooner than you'd like after getting a new card. Depends how long you want to keep it for

Associate
You should be fine, I'm going to be playing at 4k with mine in which the Titan I have does a good enough job but for me it's a free upgrade as I can sell my Titan for the same price to my brother.

It's all subjective to the price also... paying £600+ on a gpu ( which I've done in the past on a 980 Ti, 1080 Ti and Titan Xp ) I'd expect the card to run all my games maxed out no issues though paying £379 for the 3060 Ti you need to be realistic and for me I'd be prepared to tinker with a few settings to get 60fps and save the few hundred ££

It was only 9-12 months ago the 2080 Super was the 2nd fastest GPU on the market, the 3060 Ti now exceeds that and gets close to the 2080 Ti at times.. so for me and my needs it'll handle 4k perfectly fine.

I intend to do a comparison of many games which I'll post up later this evening/tomorrow comparing my Titan Xp and the 3060 Ti..

Soldato
If a 3060ti is your budget then just buy it. Adjust your quality settings so you're happy.

Any modern GPU can play modern games. It's just the lower tiers need more tuning of the quality settings etc

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's acceptable. It will happily run 99% of games at 60fps or more, with just a few that it would not. It's not very future proof though and will struggle a little with some new games that are coming out. Just turn the settings down a bit and you will be fine, and don't forget the mighty DLSS.

Associate
OP
I'll mostly be playing single player games. Have a huge backlog so in no rush to play the latest titles. I'll probably enjoy it until next generation comes, then upgrade if the latest titles begin to suffer.

Soldato
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Could always lower some settings in the more demanding game. I got lucky and found one at MSRP. it might be a good stop-gap for a year or so before getting something more powerful.

It will be a solid option and given you have it already at MSRP it will be good. In my system hooked up to a 3440 x 1440 panel @ 100hz, use a GTX 1080Ti and with G-Sync it does pretty solid. Turn down demanding settings in heavy hitting games of course but not to point picture looks bad at all. Less of an issue with your 3060Ti which is more capable. Given you mention you have a large backlog, get it installed and start playing I say :)

Soldato
Ive got a vanilla 3060 and run at 344x1440.

Only really play fortnite but it runs ok on max with DLSS on. If i whack RTX up to max tho it crawls a bit so just leave RTX off.

Briefly tested call of duty and that is fine maxxed out.

Associate
Will probably be good for up to 6months but once new games come out which will definitely use more than 8gb vram you won’t be very happy.

I thought this gpu was struggling to power ultra wide 3440 monitors in decent games. Definitely not smooth 60fps.

Soldato
I have a 1080Ti which is similar in performance and it struggles with COD:Cold War at the resolution. It depends on the games you play tbh

Associate
If you turn down settings you will be fine for 60fps, especially in games that implement dlss or fsr. As some have said above 8GB will be more limiting going ahead but you should be good if you turn down settings

Associate
I had 1080 and it was doing alright at 3440x1440. medium to high settings. 40 to 60 fps. older games run 100 fps. im sure 3060ti will do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom