• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Tomorrow the launch is at 2pm, officially, but as per with AMD Radeon custom card launch, we won't be allowing any orders to be placed.
However NVIDIA have done a good job as we do have over 500 in stock but these cards will be released to the market for customers to order as and when we see fit, during times when our website is not being hammered.

The first card we shall allow customers to order shall be the Palit 3080 Dual at £390:

Palit GeForce RTX 3060Ti Dual 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £389.99 inc VAT

NE6306T019P2-190AD, Boost Clock: 1665MHz, Memory 8GB 14000MHz GDDR6, Cuda Cores: 4864, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Ampere, 8nm Process, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 2 Years Warranty.
Only £389.99 inc VAT.
ORDER NOW

We have 120pc in stock on this SKU, it won't be available at 2pm but I shall make it available for ordering later in the day and when I make that decision I shall post on the forums 30-60 mins before hand giving forum members the heads up. This is to try and reduce sales an demand, but of course there is still the chance that in allowing people to place orders, even if it is just for two minutes we could end up selling 500 units, but at least it won't be 5000.

They are 1pc per customer and limited to ONLY UK/Ireland customers. When the launch traffic dies down and our website operates normally these shall be made available tomorrow sometime after the launch.

At the 2pm launch we won't be allowing any orders for anything and don't try calling sales either as they are under instructions to not take any orders for new GPU's at present due to the severe shortages.

We have lots of other lines sat in stock too, but these will be made available on the site at random times next week, it is unfortunately the only way we can manage it at the moment to prevent product from over selling to crazily.

Demand is absolutely beyond gigantic at the moment and it is just how things shall have to be for a while as we simply no longer wish to take back orders and won't be doing so any more for the near future.

rn2

rn2

Associate
After already owning a Palit dual I'm not sure if I'd buy another one in regards to fan noise. I have a 1070 and the fan noise was horrible although I've modded it with heatsink and big back plate from an Arctic cooler but replaced those fans too with one bequiet Silent 2 140mm case fan. Never goes above 65oc. I'd probably do the same again if I buy this card.

Unless of course they've improved the fans.

This would be perfect over the 3070 for 1080p though.

Soldato
Over 500 in stock? That's more like it. With other retailers too there must be quite a few thousand on hand in the country. That's a night and day difference to the 3090/3080/3070/6800 situation on launch day.

OcUK Staff
Over 500 in stock? That's more like it. With other retailers too there must be quite a few thousand on hand in the country. That's a night and day difference to the 3090/3080/3070/6800 situation on launch day.

Yes an improvement but we'd need at least 5000 cards to handle launch demand, hence why now we are super cautious and now launching the products far more silently without promotion at different times when the website is not busy because even then at such times the sales are totally wild.

Soldato
It's been said elsewhere that Nvidia have been shipping them to retailers for a month or more now to build up some stock. Certainly there have been people with them already in hand for a while now who have posted pictures, and there was a Saudi Arabian retailer selling them in early November. Of course, there's not much to be done with them since the public driver won't be released until later today.

Man of Honour
For 1440p I'd actually buy this card I reckon but want to see comparisons versus a 20270 Super OC.

It does however make the 3070 an expensive pointless card now though what with the same VRAM but older gen tensor and RT cores and higher price whilst only being a small amount faster

Soldato
It does however make the 3070 an expensive pointless card now though what with the same VRAM but older gen tensor and RT cores and higher price whilst only being a small amount faster
? The 3070 has the same RT and tensor cores as this does. They use the same GPU.

Soldato

That's a mistake, both 3070 and 3060Ti use the same RT cores, they use the same GA104 chip.

Man of Honour
After already owning a Palit dual I'm not sure if I'd buy another one in regards to fan noise. I have a 1070 and the fan noise was horrible although I've modded it with heatsink and big back plate from an Arctic cooler but replaced those fans too with one bequiet Silent 2 140mm case fan. Never goes above 65oc. I'd probably do the same again if I buy this card.

Unless of course they've improved the fans.

This would be perfect over the 3070 for 1080p though.

Opposite experience with mine - I have the Palit GTX1070 Dual (just replaced with a 3070) and in my Air 540 case with only 4x 140mm BeQuiet SilentWings fans at low RPM it was barely audible - though it was the loudest thing in the case when under load.

rn2

rn2

Associate
Opposite experience with mine - I have the Palit GTX1070 Dual (just replaced with a 3070) and in my Air 540 case with only 4x 140mm BeQuiet SilentWings fans at low RPM it was barely audible - though it was the loudest thing in the case when under load.

Yes under load the 1070 sounded horrible. Hers an example even though I'd imagine the fans went up to 100% speed https://youtu.be/4TWom8IYqUs

I'll most likely go with a 3070 anyway as it won't be overkill for 1080p. I'll just turn raytracing on or something like that for now.

Last edited:
Associate
So I'm pretty tempted by the 3060Ti but I wonder if anyone can answer some basic questions concerning what to check in my system before playing the game to try and actually buy one.

Specifically I think they all relate to the PSU and while I understand some of the basic ones i'm worried I might miss something.

For sake of argument lets say it requires
600-750 watts
Gold 80+ rating
8 pin ( or 6+2) - what combination of pins is going to be acceptable?

What i'm concerned about I guess would be things like rail voltage which I have no idea about.
What should I need to check for here?
Is there anything else I should consider, apart from basic dimension check to make sure it fits the case and has two slot bay.

This is for aging, yet still perfectly acceptable OCUK "Titan Typhoon" Intel Core i7 5930K @ 3.8GHz OC Six Core Haswell-E Nvidia SLI Gaming PC. What is really letting it down is the GTX970 (GALAX), though for the price its given a good run for 6 years. I'm unable at this time to find any details about the PSU. I can see no labelling ( might be face bottom of the case ) and I can't look to see if I was provided the original box until later. It has the words Super Flower embossed on the top and is modular, just hope I can find the supplied additional cables. The current cable connected to the GTX970 is a single wire that splits into a 1x6 pin and a 1x6pin+1x2pin. Its currently using both the 6 pins on the 970.

Edit: Actual PSU Specs
It is a Super Flower Leadex (never heard of them - specification link ) and the back panel configuration suggests its a 1000 - 1300W Platinum or Gold 80+. I'm unable to locate my physical receipt at this time, and the online one doesn't state what PSU it was. My guess is its a 1000W Gold 80+ since the system was bought for ( and product name states ) SLI, but I never got round to doing it.

Apart from the already connect cables it has 4 spare PCI-E 6+2 pin cables in the box.

One additional concern is that the back panel has two groups of sockets, but they are not labeled on the device or in the manual. One group has 3 x 9 pins, a 12 pin and 18 pin sockets, whilst the other group is 8 x 9 pins. So if current is an issue i have no idea if you are meant to use a specific group or not. Maybe apart from motherboard connections, the other 11 sockets are universal?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So is it accepted that...

1080p - Whatever is released below the 3060Ti
High refresh 1080p/solid 1440p - 3060Ti
High refresh 1440p/light 4K 3070
High refresh 1440p/solid 4K - 3080
The ability to wipe your arse with £50 notes - 3090

I class:

40/80 as light
80/110 as solid
110+ as high refresh

I’m pretty demanding of expensive hardware

Last edited:
Soldato
Well we're talking about the xx60.

Currently that (seems to be) a £470 ish card, which is (to my mind) far too high for that part.

I'm not sure it's unreasonable to expect a xx60 card for ~£300. Although I'm sure it won't happen and it won't go below £400 for the most part.

Yes but the 60ti is current bottom of the range while the 1070 was mid range 4 years ago.

Soldato
So is it accepted that...

1080p - Whatever is released below the 3060Ti
High refresh 1080p/solid 1440p - 3060Ti
High refresh 1440p/light 4K 3070
High refresh 1440p/solid 4K - 3080
The ability to wipe your arse with £50 notes - 3090

I class:

40/80 as light
80/110 as solid
110+ as high refresh

I’m pretty demanding of expensive hardware

If the 3060ti is 20% faster than a 5700xt which is what reviewers are saying in the review thread its more than a solid 1440p card. I think all your stages are 1 too low so not accepted IMHO and according to the reviews the 3060ti is what you class "light 4k"

Back
Top Bottom