• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 power pins adjusting.

Associate
Hi Guys,

Thanks for checking out my post!

So basically I managed to get my hands on a 3070 gigabyte vision via the Overclockers store and I was pretty happy with this snag!

Upon receiving the card I realised the power pins were off centre, I read that this was an issue with the earlier batch of cards but hoped it wouldn't be the case for my purchase.

I had two choices. 1) Return the item. 2) Attempt a fix myself.

Knowing that that the stock situation isn't gonig to fix itself over night I decided to fix the card myself.

I got some tweezers and adjusted the pins untill the sockets allowed the female sockets to attach and luckily the card seems to work from what I can tell.

My question is, does this adjustion potentially detriement to the card. I understand this is a vague question, but when you spend £700 on a card you tend to wonder questions such as this.

The card also had an LED issue where by the Gigabyte logo is only half lit, this I can live with. But I am still a little annoyed that Gigabyte felt that skimping out on adaquate LEDS to save some pennies was an good choice if they wish to ever grow their brand and customer loyalty. (Obviously I would have considered other brands had choice been an option given the current stock issues).

So in short, does adusting the pins yourself give risk to the card failing in future or am I over thinking this as I do every other little PC alteration I undertake myself?

Thanks for you time and stay safe out there!

Permabanned
Since you asked, YES it could cause extra current to be drawn so more heat if not connecting properly and this could be an issue and could melt the connectors.

Back
Top Bottom