• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 power supply/connectors advice please :)

Associate
Hi, my current power supply has a 6+2 pin to 8 pin connector which I used with my 2060super but I managed to get a 3070 which has an 8pin so that works across fine but also a 6 pin slot. My PSU also has 2 4 pin molex and 2 sata 15pin slots I could use to connect the 6 pin slot on the GPU with if I bought a connector. Are either of those(the sata to 6pin especially) fine for the GPU or do I just need to find a more suitable power supply of some kind. Or any other suggestions any help is greatly appreciated thanks my last pc was built by OC so I'm pretty awful with this stuff.

Associate
Use the 6 + 2 pin you will be fine. Don’t use any converters. How old is your power supply and what is it by the way

Back
Top Bottom