• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 Promo confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've seen a few people mention this as well, so decided a separate thread was in order. Fyi, I've bought the Non-OC version of Palit 3070.

OverclockersUK account "My Orders" page:
Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming Pro 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
GX-05B-PL
FREE WITH GX-05B-PL: NVIDIA RTX Bundle Promotion - Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

OverclockersUK email subject:
NVIDIA 3070 Promo - Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War

OverclockersUK email body:
Thank you for your qualifying Nvidia purchase. Your unique redemption code is random54AlphaNumeric454Code
**PLEASE NOTE - There are two redemption codes here, separated with a comma (,) left code is Watchdogs and right code is GeForce NOW.**

Two things:
1. In the email subject and the order it says Call of Duty, but in the email body it says Watchdogs.
2. There is only one promo code in the email and no commas.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I think the COD addition was a mistake, and the nvidia funded bundle of geforce now and watchdogs only applies to 3080 and 3090 purchases. The 3070 comes with geforce now only.

Associate
OP
I think the COD addition was a mistake, and the nvidia funded bundle of geforce now and watchdogs only applies to 3080 and 3090 purchases. The 3070 comes with geforce now only.
That sounds like a bit of false advertising - not sure a lot of folks will be happy. I wonder if they'll go for some form of compensation.

Bought the same card and have no code on email or account. :mad:
Have you received the "Your order has been shipped" email? I received the promo email about 10 minutes after. Might be they don't send them until after shipping the card.

OcUK Staff
COD is not valid for 3070.
GeForce NOW is valid but NVIDIA only gave us 500 codes and we have sold close to 3000 cards so that promo ended some hours ago.

tey

tey

Associate
COD is not valid for 3070.
GeForce NOW is valid but NVIDIA only gave us 500 codes and we have sold close to 3000 cards so that promo ended some hours ago.
thanks gibbo, just wanted to see what the score was and if there was any possibility of anything being included as there was claims of watchdogs too

Associate
OP
It is frustrating that we aren't getting something that was clearly promised.

And, this in addition to the price being hiked up by £80. I've taken this screenshot in the beginning of September, before the release of the 3080/3090. Looks like the price was significantly increased after they've seen the massive demand.

ONGI6Tg.jpg

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The way I see it is watchdogs was advertised, my order qualified for it which has been confirmed by ocuk. The fact that Nvidia/Asus has taken months to fulfil the order is purely their fault and they need to provide a code for the game, even if the redemption date has passed as the fault fully lies on them.

Can't be making a customer who ordered on launch day both wait for months and on top not provide what was advertised.

Soldato
The way I see it is watchdogs was advertised, my order qualified for it which has been confirmed by ocuk. The fact that Nvidia/Asus has taken months to fulfil the order is purely their fault and they need to provide a code for the game, even if the redemption date has passed as the fault fully lies on them.

Can't be making a customer who ordered on launch day both wait for months and on top not provide what was advertised.

Didn't all those people that were talking nonsense about suing OCUK regarding this launch basically get told that it's not a confirmed contract until they ship the card? Which technically means you're not entitled to anything.

I do completely agree with you though, I'm in the same boat.

Associate
The palit 3070 with COD as advertised was a good deal. Seeing the £449 above, i can understand why they added COD. Then to say it was a mistake and still charge the £80 extra has to be greed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom