• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Sure please see below.

Apologises in advance, I have a ****** old phone so pics wont be super high res!

connector
https://imgur.com/MV6yRlJ

pins
https://imgur.com/qf57O54

In the pins pic you can see the bottom left pin looks like its come loose of the metal frame its hanging on and in the top right the entire pin is mushed (and i've not even applied any force when trying to connect the power cables).

But from the first picture I cant see is the new adapter, check for it trow the blackplate, and see if you got that block

Like this:
cqLmrNi.png

You should see that from the red mark coming out from the power box a little bit.

And about the pins, I see them ok, I dont know try to put them in place with a screwdriver should be good to go

Soldato
This entire thread reminds of dog talk. Where breeders talk about their priced dogs and every imperfection conceivable which is visually impossible to notice unless you look for it and have no perceptible affect on the overall cuteness of the dog.

Lol

Associate
Guys is there any way to buy cable to connect this card when using water block? Hoping to use water block but then that bad design flat 8 pin connection....! Why the hell there is that small adapter?? They could just do normal connection.

Associate
Hey! Good news! The seller finally took responsability and they will give us another card :) They will test it before send it so perfect : D The seller will manage the rma of the faulty card so everythin' good.

Thank you all!

Soldato
Got my 3080 Eagle OC back from Gigabyte after returning it for a repair to fix the busted power block.

I've tested a few games it seems to be working perfectly. The replacement block is way more sturdy and the pins don't move around. There isn't any of those heat strips on the cables, but it does have that moulded-looking end and looks higher quality. The RMA service is excellent from Gigabyte. They arranged a collection which was picked up on Tuesday. It was delivered back to them; checked; fixed; shipped back out to me; and then delivered earlier today. Thanks a lot for sorting that out @GIGA-Man.

Associate
Everything is nice and smooth but im wondering if it is old or new pins..?

If you look very closely at the rear of the connectors with a flashlight, you just just about be able to tell. I have a week 42 Vision and I can see that it has the newer style connectors. I would have taken pictures but I just couldn't get a good enough angle. I can see with the naked eye though.

Going off topic here but what has annoyed me is that the edge of the backplate has a gouge in it that I noticed as soon as I took it out of the anti static bag :(

Anyway, back on topic...

Associate
OP
Got my 3080 Eagle OC back from Gigabyte after returning it for a repair to fix the busted power block.

I've tested a few games it seems to be working perfectly. The replacement block is way more sturdy and the pins don't move around. There isn't any of those heat strips on the cables, but it does have that moulded-looking end and looks higher quality. The RMA service is excellent from Gigabyte. They arranged a collection which was picked up on Tuesday. It was delivered back to them; checked; fixed; shipped back out to me; and then delivered earlier today. Thanks a lot for sorting that out @GIGA-Man.

Glad to hear ..enjoy

If you look very closely at the rear of the connectors with a flashlight, you just just about be able to tell. I have a week 42 Vision and I can see that it has the newer style connectors. I would have taken pictures but I just couldn't get a good enough angle. I can see with the naked eye though.

Going off topic here but what has annoyed me is that the edge of the backplate has a gouge in it that I noticed as soon as I took it out of the anti static bag :(

Anyway, back on topic...

So there is damage on your backplate ..was this from RMA or from new

Associate
I have modified the pictures a bit and I have put a mark to indicate exactly where to look and what to look at in order to identify if you have the old connector, if you have the temporary fix on the old connector, or if you have been lucky and you have the totally new connector that greatly improves the pins and does not let them come out of the connector even if you push them.

This is the new connector that greatly improves the pins and does not let them come out:

DKyv5bo.png

This is how you can identify what connector you have:
As you can see that little block is getting out of the box

J7sgKGE.jpg

This is the temporary fix on the old connector just adding a heat shrink:

olzHgct.png

This is the old connector:

1RbUqjt.jpg

I hope you guys now can identify what connector you have more easy, also want to say that some cards with that little block on new connector can have some bent pins, but just try to straighten them, and you are ready to go smoothly, since now the pins are not going to come out of the box.

Associate
Hey guys,
this is mine SN 2043
,,Screen Cooling'' is even in the diffrerent place and its engraved

Look:
https://imgur.com/a/5Wp73LV

I just tried to hook my SN 2043xx up and my power pins recessed into the block.... sigh. First cable went in the left block fine, but the right block was no go. Then I removed the good one thinking it was the cable, it didn't work - when I tried to put it back, it no longer worked in the original block. (That was all before I found this thread and ran through it). Tried some other cables, same issue.

Got my ticket in and sent email... now we wait some more...

Associate
So conclusion: wk39 and before will definitely have bad connector, wk39 to
I have modified the pictures a bit and I have put a mark to indicate exactly where to look and what to look at in order to identify if you have the old connector, if you have the temporary fix on the old connector, or if you have been lucky and you have the totally new connector that greatly improves the pins and does not let them come out of the connector even if you push them.

This is the new connector that greatly improves the pins and does not let them come out:

DKyv5bo.png

This is how you can identify what connector you have:
As you can see that little block is getting out of the box

J7sgKGE.jpg

This is the temporary fix on the old connector just adding a heat shrink:

olzHgct.png

This is the old connector:

1RbUqjt.jpg

I hope you guys now can identify what connector you have more easy, also want to say that some cards with that little block on new connector can have some bent pins, but just try to straighten them, and you are ready to go smoothly, since now the pins are not going to come out of the box.
This is the best picture and explanations yet

Associate
Thanks for this awesome thread. I unfortunately have the same issue on my gaming oc, just 1 pin. I managed to bend the pin enough that I could get the +2 connector from my PSU on about 90% of the way. So I have 6+2 in, 6 and then the +2 in most of the way.
Computer booting and running ok. Would it boot if a single pin wasn't making contact?

I intend on RMA once things have settled down a bit

Associate
I made cables directly to my PSU

img_6268u0jy4.jpg

Associate
Nice job, but the problem is what you will do when you want to take out the card from PCI-E port ? Cuz is not easy to access to those power connector inside of heasink.
Anyway, where did you find this 8 pin flat block (whats the name of it) and how did you install the cable.

Will be nice a little more info with what did u use

Associate
just unplug connector from PSU and remove whole card with cables, I do it bcoz I will hide cables from motherboard side, also these cables will be perfect if you want use waterblock

this is microfit 3.0 connector

Associate
depend which PIN

if you want just power up gpu - minimum is 3pins per 8pin connector (one +12 and two GND which are also sesne)

for normal use 3x 12V + 3x GND is enough bcoz this microfit terminals can handle easy 5A each (3x 5A is 15A)
12V x 15A - 180W, from 8pin card can take 150W, but usually its 120-130W

pinou1h7jck.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom