• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
thers also another problem with the gb cards but that was also since pascal that the fans start at 50c even when you are only surfing or watching videos fans up down up down its annoying

Soldato
How can you tell what week the card is?

I just got my 3070 eagle oc today

Here is what it looks like

http://imgur.com/gallery/Enxqg82

Enxqg82
Should be a sticker on the backplate - serial number should be SN20XX where XX is the week number

Associate
Sent my 3070 Eagle back, crap build quality, really noisey coil whine at anything over 80fps and ran pretty hot. Oh and not to mention there was nothing in the box, like... not even a warranty card.

Last time I buy anything from gigabyte.

Associate
Sent my 3070 Eagle back, crap build quality, really noisey coil whine at anything over 80fps and ran pretty hot. Oh and not to mention there was nothing in the box, like... not even a warranty card.

ok thanks for your input pal but not the answer im looking for .My 3090 eagle is fine good connectors runs cool under load.
i was looking to know where to get these cables as i am going to watercool the card?

Associate
ok thanks for your input pal but not the answer im looking for .My 3090 eagle is fine good connectors runs cool under load.
i was looking to know where to get these cables as i am going to watercool the card?

i don't think he was replying to you.

Caporegime

Gigabyte have had pretty **** products for a few years now, i remember that 1080 xtreme they released and people were getting it with bent fins and broken fans due to the packing being crap. It also had issues with the centre fan clipping the 2 outer fans. Then that 2080ti they released with rgb fans that had pathetic cooling performance. They just seem to put out substandard crap pretty regular with the odd good card lost in the mix.

Soldato
So gigabyte UK is back open, filled in the rma forum last night and dpd is collecting the card tomorrow so that’s pretty damn fast. Pretty impressed.

Caporegime
Gigabyte have had pretty **** products for a few years now, i remember that 1080 xtreme they released and people were getting it with bent fins and broken fans due to the packing being crap. It also had issues with the centre fan clipping the 2 outer fans. Then that 2080ti they released with rgb fans that had pathetic cooling performance. They just seem to put out substandard crap pretty regular with the odd good card lost in the mix.
Well I must be extremely lucky then as I have had numerous cards from them over the years and had no problems other than the power connectors on my 3080 which was sorted within 4 days.

Do you have personal experience of these issues as I think you are being extraordinarily harsh in your vitriolic accusations.

Caporegime
Well I must be extremely lucky then as I have had numerous cards from them over the years and had no problems other than the power connectors on my 3080 which was sorted within 4 days.

Do you have personal experience of these issues as I think you are being extraordinarily harsh in your vitriolic accusations.

Yes, i ordered a 1080 xtreme and it arrived in it's box along with some makeshift half assed cardboard pieces wrapped around it to try and protect the fins. When they first launched that card the packaging wasn't enough to protect it, then they added these cardboard bits and pieces to it to supposedly help protect it. When i got the card it had several bent fins and the centre fan was clipping the edges of the fan near the i/o. It also shipped with an OC mode that did nothing but crash when it was enabled.

There was a thread on it here that showed people getting the same issues, bent fins, dodgy fans and oc mode that did nothing but crash.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/gigabyte-gtx-1080-xtreme-gaming.18739225/

As for their 2080ti aorus it had 3 "fans" with the centre one being basically a skeleton of a fan, and it's cooling was barely on par with the nvidia reference, not exactly what you would expect from a supposed "triple fan" cooler. It also had issues with fans hitting other fans and the fans randomly ramping up for no reason. In the 2080ti thread on here there were quite a few people with card issues. They do some good cards like the windforce, but their xtreme card had plenty of issues as did their 2080ti aorus. Just look for reviews of the aorus and you see plenty of complaints about crap cooling, fans randomly ramping up and other issues.

Caporegime
Yes, i ordered a 1080 xtreme and it arrived in it's box along with some makeshift half assed cardboard pieces wrapped around it to try and protect the fins. When they first launched that card the packaging wasn't enough to protect it, then they added these cardboard bits and pieces to it to supposedly help protect it. When i got the card it had several bent fins and the centre fan was clipping the edges of the fan near the i/o. It also shipped with an OC mode that did nothing but crash when it was enabled.

There was a thread on it here that showed people getting the same issues, bent fins, dodgy fans and oc mode that did nothing but crash.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/gigabyte-gtx-1080-xtreme-gaming.18739225/

As for their 2080ti aorus it had 3 "fans" with the centre one being basically a skeleton of a fan, and it's cooling was barely on par with the nvidia reference, not exactly what you would expect from a supposed "triple fan" cooler. It also had issues with fans hitting other fans and the fans randomly ramping up for no reason. In the 2080ti thread on here there were quite a few people with card issues. They do some good cards like the windforce, but their xtreme card had plenty of issues as did their 2080ti aorus. Just look for reviews of the aorus and you see plenty of complaints about crap cooling, fans randomly ramping up and other issues.
I stand corrected then sorry.

I have never bothered with the extra for the extreme cards, I’ve always stuck with wind force and Gaming OC’s and am yet to be disappointed. The only one I did have a niggle with was the Vega 64, but that was heat and noise, and I think most manufacturers struggled with that with Vega.

Caporegime
I stand corrected then sorry.

I have never bothered with the extra for the extreme cards, I’ve always stuck with wind force and Gaming OC’s and am yet to be disappointed. The only one I did have a niggle with was the Vega 64, but that was heat and noise, and I think most manufacturers struggled with that with Vega.

Yup, my cards a good example, listed boost clock of 1630mhz and i've never seen it go past 1500 no matter what i try. =/

Associate
Just stumbled across this excellent thread.

I just purchased a 3070 Vision OC (SN 2049) and had the same pin problems as previously reported.

The left hand 6 pin would not go in for the life of it. After inspection the top right pin was bent upwards (only very slightly I might add).

I've read the guidance here and gently realigned the pins and managed to now connect the plug.

Unfortunately I am now having constant restarts within 5 - 10 minutes of gaming under full load (4k max settings etc.).

I've reduced the MHz by 500 in afterburner and dropped resolution down in games to 1440p.

This seems to stop the restarts but obviously is restricting the cards performance.

I'm not sure if this is a PSU problem (green Corsair CXM 750W, roughly 5 years old) or a problem with the GPU.

Any advice if an RMA of the card would-be advisable?

Thanks

Associate
Not sure if much can be done, but I bought a 3090 Vision from a competitor site that failed just before Christmas. I'm suspecting it might have to do with the pin issues detailed, as I remember one connector being difficult to fit, however can't check now that the card has gone back to that retailer. They're being quite slow with the RMA process (many regrets buying with them but they were the only ones with stock at reasonable prices at the time). I think the card may have been sent back to gigabyte but have had not much communication so far. Think someone would be able to look up the serial number? I'm guessing I'll just need to sit tight, frustratingly

Associate
Not sure if much can be done, but I bought a 3090 Vision from a competitor site that failed just before Christmas. I'm suspecting it might have to do with the pin issues detailed, as I remember one connector being difficult to fit, however can't check now that the card has gone back to that retailer. They're being quite slow with the RMA process (many regrets buying with them but they were the only ones with stock at reasonable prices at the time). I think the card may have been sent back to gigabyte but have had not much communication so far. Think someone would be able to look up the serial number? I'm guessing I'll just need to sit tight, frustratingly

Man I waiting now like form 2020-12-03 til now still waiting RMA is so fuking slow. I am not from UK but never again gonna buy gigabyte 3090 VISION looks cool but build with bend pins is just tripling my soul now.

Back
Top Bottom