• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Does anyone know if gigabyte started to install thermal pad s between the memory modules and the backplate on the 3080 at any point? Reading online it seems to be a reason for underwhelming hashing rates on Ethereum and fan going to 100% when overclocking the memory?

If not I may take apart and install myself -shocking if they didn't install these

Associate
Does anyone know if gigabyte started to install thermal pad s between the memory modules and the backplate on the 3080 at any point? Reading online it seems to be a reason for underwhelming hashing rates on Ethereum and fan going to 100% when overclocking the memory?

If not I may take apart and install myself -shocking if they didn't install these

My OC gaming seems to have that problem while mining. If I Ieave the fans on auto even after 30 minutes it stays at 100% and HWmonitor marks it as thermal throttling (even though the core is only at 51c)

Was considering getting some thermal pads and getting the backplate off to to take a look.

Associate
Yeah, I’ve opened the windows for a while and set the fans at 84%, and power at 70%. Funnily enough it never thermal throttles and sits at 95mhs.

I’m happy with this, but do worry about pressure on the memory. Nervous about dismantling an £800 card though. Imagine bricking the thing!

Associate
My 3080 Gaming OC week 43 has no heat shrink on it. There were some bent pins though which I had to move back in to place but it's been working fine benchmarking, gaming and mining. When I replace the cables with braided ones this weekend I'll make sure what connector block I have

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, I’ve opened the windows for a while and set the fans at 84%, and power at 70%. Funnily enough it never thermal throttles and sits at 95mhs.

I’m happy with this, but do worry about pressure on the memory. Nervous about dismantling an £800 card though. Imagine bricking the thing!

I've read elsewhere on the forums that perhaps it might be allowed by the warranty, say if you are installing a water cooling block, or something?

Associate
Associate
Hello guys. Last week i bought : Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC. Card is on box. Waiting for other parts of pc.
I read that topic:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-oc-vision-power-connector-concerns.18900176/

Is this possible that i will have bad or bented pcie pins or faulty card? Maybe someone here with the same card? S/N: 2042....

Someone said that i have faulty card, so i am worried. Thanks. I hope i will be not get banned by posting link of other forum,srry btw.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is possible of course, just look at the pins and if they look fine and psu cables plug in okay then you are probably good. If you have any reservations just send it back.

Associate
Hi guys

It seems I have the same problem - got a new RTX 3070 gigabyte gaming oc with power connector pins which were out of alignment on the 6 pin connect upper right.

I adjusted it and initially had some other problems on booting it, which I fixed
However I have noticed that the fans do not spin - and have not spun during start up nor with temp increases

What should I do ? RMA it? How long will it take for RMA to come back?

The card works in game, however the fans simply do not spin. I've updated the drivers to latest, but not sure if I should do a clean re install again. I could take it apart to see if the fan is connected but not feeling confident, and not keen to wait more than couple months for this RMA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom