• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
OP
Hey all, just picked up my Gigabyte OC 3080 yesterday from Best Buy and I'm just seeing all of this now. My serial falls under #2037 which apparently is no good. Before I knew about this problem, I plugged in the gpu to my current 650w PSU just to make sure the card was good, and have a new Corsair 850w coming tomorrow that I planned to install in my machine. I see some Gigabyte reps in here helping from the UK, but I'm wondering what I should do here in the U.S.? The idea of sending this out and waiting x number of days after getting this checked is disheartening to all hell, but this is clearly dangerous and I don't want my machine to go faulty because of it. Can someone direct me to where I need to go to get this resolved asap? Thank you!

Edit: Forgot to tag @GIGA-Man for help

Welcome to the show .. the reps here can only deal with people in the UK ..Gigabyte are well aware of this problem..so my best advice is contact Gigabyte in the US main web site ..if you have an account with them even better ..

The turnaround here in the UK is quick to get the connector block replaced .so should be the same for the US at a guess ...

But i would make sure to whom you have contact with is to confirm what they will do and how long it will take to get the card back to you with the new block

hope this helps

Associate
Welcome to the show .. the reps here can only deal with people in the UK ..Gigabyte are well aware of this problem..so my best advice is contact Gigabyte in the US main web site ..if you have an account with them even better ..

The turnaround here in the UK is quick to get the connector block replaced .so should be the same for the US at a guess ...

But i would make sure to whom you have contact with is to confirm what they will do and how long it will take to get the card back to you with the new block

hope this helps

I emailed their services center in the U.S. and will be awaiting a response this week. Should I just hold off on setting it up now with the new PSU coming tomorrow? Do you have any info on how long this takes to replace? I hate the idea of sending out this brand new card through ups man. This whole situation blows.

Associate
OP
I emailed their services center in the U.S. and will be awaiting a response this week. Should I just hold off on setting it up now with the new PSU coming tomorrow? Do you have any info on how long this takes to replace? I hate the idea of sending out this brand new card through ups man. This whole situation blows.

There was a chap on here ..and took 3 to 4 days turnaround but again that was UK ..

totally agree with you there it is a horrid situation to be in.

Not sure what to advise really ...personally if i had spent good money and then had to send it back with only just getting it .. i would most likely just get a full refund and wait until all this dust settles and see what AMD brings to the table.

I hope you get it resolved

Associate
There was a chap on here ..and took 3 to 4 days turnaround but again that was UK ..

totally agree with you there it is a horrid situation to be in.

Not sure what to advise really ...personally if i had spent good money and then had to send it back with only just getting it .. i would most likely just get a full refund and wait until all this dust settles and see what AMD brings to the table.

I hope you get it resolved

When you say 3-4 day turnaround, is that from the time he got the card to them to when they sent it back? Or is that turnaround just referring to them acknowledging that they received it.

Associate
OP
When you say 3-4 day turnaround, is that from the time he got the card to them to when they sent it back? Or is that turnaround just referring to them acknowledging that they received it.

Was on the thread i quote

"It was back with me on the third day. So turn around was quick. It would still be sitting at OC waiting for stock replacement if Gigaman hadn't offered to help."

Associate
Was on the thread i quote

"It was back with me on the third day. So turn around was quick. It would still be sitting at OC waiting for stock replacement if Gigaman hadn't offered to help."

Good to know, sorry I missed that (am new to the forum in general, so I didn't even think to follow that quote). I'm just relieved to read a story about someone getting their card back as I hadn't found any so far.

Associate
IMG-2644.jpg

I'm not sure how an issue with the card would cause the cable to fry at the psu end?

Soldato
Yes i would like to know this too ..I am sure everything Wk38 and below is the old design unless its been fixed already who knows.

I could have read it wrong but it sounded to me that in week 38 you have both, some fixed and some still faulty connectors.

Associate
OP
I could have read it wrong but it sounded to me that in week 38 you have both, some fixed and some still faulty connectors.

The rep did state anything wk39 onwards is revised anything below is on old block..

but you could be right there could be some on wk38 revised who knows even some stock that was built already could have been pulled back and fixed.

Are we certain that the heat shrink stuff means its revised ?

Associate
I'm a little curious, does this issue also effect cards prior to the RTX 3000 series? I have a Gigabyte RTX 2070S Gaming OC 8GB White, and I was having issues with games black screening. And the issue I found out was related to the position of my PCIE power cables on the GPU. I assumed it was something to do with maybe my sleeved cables being faulty, but it makes far more sense for it to be this exact same issue here on the RTX 3000 cards. If my cable isn't pushing upwards against the GPU but is instead sagging/hanging, the black screen issues occur.

Should I unplug and test to see if the pins are loose?

Associate
OP
I'm a little curious, does this issue also effect cards prior to the RTX 3000 series? I have a Gigabyte RTX 2070S Gaming OC 8GB White, and I was having issues with games black screening. And the issue I found out was related to the position of my PCIE power cables on the GPU. I assumed it was something to do with maybe my sleeved cables being faulty, but it makes far more sense for it to be this exact same issue here on the RTX 3000 cards. If my cable isn't pushing upwards against the GPU but is instead sagging/hanging, the black screen issues occur.

Should I unplug and test to see if the pins are loose?

I am not 100% on this without looking at that card.. but its only the 3000 listed in the OP that are using this connector block.

*edit add just checked for that card and the pins are directly on the pcb so nothing to worry about ..as far as i know the 30 series cards posted on the OP are the 1st we have seen of this type of design used

Back
Top Bottom