• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Soldato
Anyone who's unhappy with the gigabyte products, you have consumer law protecting your purchase, return your card and get different brand, stop venting here, no one is interested. Take your frustration out on GB Twitter.

I can express an opinion here if i want. There is a member of GB who uses this forum and topic so will have visibility.

I dont think not having enough time to test because of Nvidia is wrong imo.

Associate
Yikes, I'm just learning about this...I own a week37 for about a month now...I haven't had any issues but I should check my wire to the PSU. Eventually, I plan on RMAing the card once supply gets better. Luckily these cards have a 4 years of warranty, now the question is whether Gigabyte will honor the RMA...
Unfortunately, even with that 4 year RMA, they still make you pay for shipping it to them.

Currently in like a month-long conversation with someone in customer service, and it seems likely that with enough complaining, at the very least I'll end up with free shipping for the repair.

Associate
OP
It looks like wk42 has the older connector?
XFEBaer.jpg

Not good me going to update the OP me thinks thx for sharing this

@GIGA-Man any idea what is going on here this is now the 2nd report of this happening ?

*to add... it could be still on the new connector block as the heatshrink wrap may have not been used.
GIGA-man stated this could happen ..how ever this does not help really as how do you know for certain your on the new block.

Soldato
Not good me going to update the OP me thinks thx for sharing this

@GIGA-Man any idea what is going on here this is now the 2nd report of this happening ?

*to add... it could be still on the new connector block as the heatshrink wrap may have not been used.
GIGA-man stated this could happen ..how ever this does not help really as how do you know for certain your on the new block.

thought the heatshrink was only on repaired ones, with newer cards being produced not being shrink wrapped

Associate
Goddammit. Just received my 3080 Eagle from another UK retailer, and it's a week 42. The left PCIE slot doesn't allow for the cable to be fully pushed in.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thought the heatshrink was only on repaired ones, with newer cards being produced not being shrink wrapped

I am not sure its all rather confusing atm. Waiting on @GIGA-Man to clear things up.

*To add

harney said:
Thx for the update... @GIGA-Man so are we 100% certain that if you have heat-shrink on your card that the user can see in the gap.

Then it is the new connector block type if so i will update the OP with this info as this will help peeps ..and does this apply to all the cards with the blocks ?

GIGA-Man said
Currently yes, all the new connectors have this. My only worry is in future, even though the new connectors currently have the shrink rap, if there is no shrink rap it could confuse people.

Associate
Does it have the heatshrink on the cable?
I'm not particularly knowledgeable with this sort of thing. Here's what it looks like.
33adc38d02.jpg

ca26007448.jpg
Did your pins get pushed? Or is it just molex annoyance?
Not sure. The basic gist of it is that the right connector works fine, the PCIE cable slots right in. The left hand connector doesn't fully connect with the cable, even if I push it in with extra force. So the connection isn't complete, and so the monitor display can go black if the cable is just tapped.

Associate
Can you take a picture of your power pins on the board if you haven't connected it yet?
I already connected it. It was working fine after pushing it in with some force, but no way in hell I'm leaving it installed with the potential for a fire hazard lol.

Associate
OP
I'm not particularly knowledgeable with this sort of thing. Here's what it looks like.

Not sure. The basic gist of it is that the right connector works fine, the PCIE cable slots right in. The left hand connector doesn't fully connect with the cable, even if I push it in with extra force. So the connection isn't complete, and so the monitor display can go black if the cable is just tapped.

Not good to hear this ..if its not plugged in correctly then i would advise not using it. maybe try another Pci-e power cable if you have one or another psu ..other than that if you can not get a secure fit then you will need to RMA it .

Back
Top Bottom