• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
I already connected it. It was working fine after pushing it in with some force, but no way in hell I'm leaving it installed with the potential for a fire hazard lol.
I've been using a a wk 37 for about a month, I haven't had an issue yet. I've also checked my psu cables and no indicators of burn. I wonder if that picture of the burned cable was false.

It just sucks knowing that you paid so much money only to have something that can easily cripple it.

Associate
OP
I've been using a a wk 37 for about a month, I haven't had an issue yet. I've also checked my psu cables and no indicators of burn. I wonder if that picture of the burned cable was false.

It just sucks knowing that you paid so much money only to have something that can easily cripple it.

Yeah that was hit and run with that user ..it needed more investigating on that. but stuff like that can happen if the connections are not firm and secure

Associate
Not good to hear this ..if its not plugged in correctly then i would advise not using it. maybe try another Pci-e power cable if you have one or another psu ..other than that if you can not get a secure fit then you will need to RMA it .
Yeah, already contacted Gigabyte to arrange an RMA. Tried the other pcie cable that slotted into the other connector, that wouldn't slot in either. At least I still have my 1080 for the time being.

Associate
It's a shame to see this is still going on, even with week 42 units. I was hoping that this current delay in production we are experiencing, it would have allowed Gigabyte enough time to ensure that no more cards were leaving the production line like this.

Associate
I contacted the retailer a few weeks ago after coming across this thread. Apparently, Gigabyte delayed one of their shipments specifically because of this issue. So it's bizarre that they still decided to go ahead and send these defective cards out. Especially since I previously got the Gigabyte variants of the 970 and 1080 and they had absolutely no issues for me.
2566b204f1.png

Last edited:
Associate
I like how they basically said they'll replace the unit rather than just retrofit it like they're doing in the UK.
This is a UK retailer. And after waiting a month and a half to finally get the card, I'd rather not have to wait another several weeks while they fumble around trying to replace it. Here's hoping that Gigabyte's RMA process is at least decent.

Associate
Currently in the process of getting free RMA shipping in the US. Sent an email to [email protected], and I've been in contact with someone via their support website. Just kind of waiting to see who gets me my shipping label the quickest.

They claim in their email to me that the turnaround time should be 3-5 days once the product is received, but considering it took nearly a month to even get to this point in the first place, that doesn't mean much of anything.

I contacted the retailer a few weeks ago after coming across this thread. Apparently, Gigabyte delayed one of their shipments specifically because of this issue. So it's bizarre that they still decided to go ahead and send these defective cards out. Especially since I previously got the Gigabyte variants of the 970 and 1080 and they had absolutely no issues for me.
2566b204f1.png
It's crazy that they're even suggesting that a replacement is their solution to this.

What is happening

Associate
I have a week 35 3090 Eagle OC which has been running great and have zero issues. How worried should I be? Best course of action?

Associate
I have a week 35 3090 Eagle OC which has been running great and have zero issues. How worried should I be? Best course of action?
Think that's the position most people who bought Gigabyte are in, lots of those without even knowing there could be a potential issue.
I'm going to keep my 3080 Gaming OC and then when stocks are stable I'll contact support to hopefully get a quick "repair".

Associate
After changing my case my card no longer worked (2037) going to try the Giga-man route and hope it gets fixed well, not great having to send in a 2 month old card that cost this much!

Associate
Where on Earth are people actually getting the Eagles as OCUK seem to be getting none? Ordered within a couple of hours of launch once I could get the website to load and doubt I'll get it this year the way things are going. Maybe I should just go AMD if they have stock :/

Associate
HI guys, i just received my 3080 gaming today, 2042 is the sn, no heat shrink tho which is weird, all the pin look to be good, not one is in deeper than the other.

Associate
OP
HI guys, i just received my 3080 gaming today, 2042 is the sn, no heat shrink tho which is weird, all the pin look to be good, not one is in deeper than the other.

You are most likely on the new block without heat shrink..Still waiting on confirmation from Giga-man re all this.. but he seems to have gone quite atm so where not 100% sure.

Install the card and enjoy

thx for sharing

Back
Top Bottom