3080 build

Soldato
I'm a bit out of the loop as I haven't upgraded in years and finally want to replace my i5 2500k system.

Can someone check this over please and advise on anything I should be changing.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £968.01 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Got a budget of around £1600-£1700 including a 3080.

Just need a case and everything that goes in it.

Cheers!

Soldato
Lmao, love it.

“Wait a few months for Nvidia 30 series”
*New GPUs launch*
“Wait a few months for new Ryzen CPUs”
*New AMD CPUs launch*
“Wait for Intel’s CPUs it’ll be so soon”
*Intel’s CPU launch*
“Oh man you gotta wait for the 30 Super/Ti series GPUs now”

OP if you wanna buy, then make your purchase :p

I’d change the PSU definitely to the Corsair RM750, Phanteks equivalent or SuperFlower 750/850w. Kolink are bad.

For your drive change the WD Blue to the NVMe model for £10 odd more. Dump the Samsung drive. Tbh you could bin both drives and get the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB for about £220 delivered. Have to look elsewhere for it though, but much better value.

Case is personal choice but I’d get something with a decent mesh front for good airflow, like this BeQuiet 500DX.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-q...ower-case-black-tempered-glass-ca-13w-bq.html

CPU, mobo and RAM look good otherwise. But note you can get the CPU £25 cheaper elsewhere. Along with the RAM for £145 so another £25 saved.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, yeah I'm not waiting for the new CPUs, was sick of waiting for the new GPUs. Can always change it down the line if I need to.

Coming from an i5 2500k, it's a massive jump already.

Cheers for the tips about the drive swap.

smr

smr

Soldato
Fair enough. It's not like the new AMD CPUs are one year away though :)

AMD have clearly stated that the new CPUs will be out before the end of this year and it's likely to be announced October, which is next month.

I've already ruled out buying Intel and AMD Graphics cards... why? Because Intel are more expensive and AMD are making great CPUs with better value for performance.

And personally I've always found nvidia cards to be more solid than AMD/ATI so I've decided on a 3080 already.

I have a 10 year old i7 930 CPU and 6GB RAM and a 2GB GeForce 710 Graphics card, so I'm due an upgrade as well :D... but I figured I've waited this long to upgrade, what is another month to wait :D

Soldato
Yeah thing is there’s always new tech on the horizon. You’ll be waiting an eternity if you never take the plunge lol.

If it works for you smr to wait go for it. But I wouldn’t wait any longer now next gen GPUs are launching, or you’ll be stuck in a time loop of next gen part releases... :D

smr

smr

Soldato
Yeah thing is there’s always new tech on the horizon. You’ll be waiting an eternity if you never take the plunge lol.

If it works for you smr to wait go for it. But I wouldn’t wait any longer now next gen GPUs are launching, or you’ll be stuck in a time loop of next gen part releases... :D

If AMD announce the new CPUs next year or release them in the Spring or something then yeah I'd probably buy a 3700X now as I wouldn't want to wait that long, I want to play FS2020 !

Soldato
Better airflow with the Enthoo Pro M due to the mesh front.

If you don't mind non RGB Ram then the Team Group is much better value.

Not sure what size psu the new cards will need (Doubt you need 850W) so maybe hold off on the psu until we see reviews. I agree that Kolink are pretty bad so avoid them anyway.

As mentioned you could look for a 2TB SSD. Not really a huge difference between SATA and NVMe if you are gaming. If you want two separate drives then the ones below are fine.

Added an extra fan that can be used for exhaust. I would then move the pre-installed rear fan to the front for intake

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £952.04 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Back
Top Bottom