• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 ti Display issues, any ideas?

Associate
OP
Just to finish off (because I hate coming across threads when having similar issues that don't have an outcome).
3 beeps,from speaker on startup with ampere GPU, display not showing anything before os (e.g. bios) and kernel (power crashes) turned out to be a motherboard issue.
New motherboard (not msi) and all good, CPU package power also max 122.95 AVG 93.87 (no curve optimiser) where as msi was 144 max even with curve optimiser negative values.
Just as a side note, before discovering noctua fan spraying bearing oil at my CPU (less than 2 years old) I sent pictures to msi who said oil all over the motherboard near CPU was normal but if I did have to rma. All rma's are to be sent to seller even though mb was almost 2 years old.

Associate
Just to finish off (because I hate coming across threads when having similar issues that don't have an outcome).
3 beeps,from speaker on startup with ampere GPU, display not showing anything before os (e.g. bios) and kernel (power crashes) turned out to be a motherboard issue.
New motherboard (not msi) and all good, CPU package power also max 122.95 AVG 93.87 (no curve optimiser) where as msi was 144 max even with curve optimiser negative values.
Just as a side note, before discovering noctua fan spraying bearing oil at my CPU (less than 2 years old) I sent pictures to msi who said oil all over the motherboard near CPU was normal but if I did have to rma. All rma's are to be sent to seller even though mb was almost 2 years old.
Thanks for coming back with the final update. Like you hate threads that don’t have an outcome.

Back
Top Bottom