• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 vs 3090 - what about for VR?

Permabanned
Clearly a lot of very knowledgable and experienced folk here and lots of discussion about how disappointing the performance improvement is of the 3090 over the 3080, but I haven't seen any discussion or theorising about if the difference might be more (or less) pronounced when it comes to VR?

I can only throw out raw guesses here, but I'd imagine the difference would be bigger there? More parallel processing demands could benefit from more CUDA cores perhaps? The combined resolution between the screens?

Also the fact that while 10 or 15 fps difference means very little on pancake, it can make a huge difference in VR...

What do you think folk?

Last edited:
Associate
More than double the price for 10% improvement. Ooooooooooffff that’s got to hurt. Let’s let the dust settle and see what both companies come out with.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That means a good saving on electric a year? Because the boiler probably uses 3000W and up to 8000W on boost.
True that, why bother with a boiler? Nvidia have a cheaper more efficient alternative. Seems they have innovated in a completely different area by mistake :p

If you have a bigger house, just go SLI :D

Back
Top Bottom