• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080ti speculation welcome

Associate
I am wondering what everyone thinks about the possibility of a 3080ti card a few months down the line?

As someone who requires a bit more than 10GB of RAM (but perhaps not as much as 24!), I feel both the need to jump on the 3080 train ( I am still on an 1080ti) as well as an urge to wait if a 3080ti is announced a few months later.

How likely is it for Nvidia to release a ti edition of the 3080 with a bit more RAM? I have been reading some news of them dropping the ti branding altogether for this generation, which is why I am seeking some opinions since if no 3080ti is coming then I would grab a 3080 on launch (stocks permitting!!).

Associate
I am wondering what everyone thinks about the possibility of a 3080ti card a few months down the line?

As someone who requires a bit more than 10GB of RAM (but perhaps not as much as 24!), I feel both the need to jump on the 3080 train ( I am still on an 1080ti) as well as an urge to wait if a 3080ti is announced a few months later.

How likely is it for Nvidia to release a ti edition of the 3080 with a bit more RAM? I have been reading some news of them dropping the ti branding altogether for this generation, which is why I am seeking some opinions since if no 3080ti is coming then I would grab a 3080 on launch (stocks permitting!!).

I’m interested in this move too.
I sold my 1080 ti on announcement day and currently have only mobo gfx so am kindly of ready to get a 3080 ASAP. But should I wait a bit? ‍♂️

Associate
Apparently there is an unknown SKU floating around in the wild with 20gb VRAM which would make sense would be the 3080 Ti/Super. NVidia are probably waiting to see how Big Navi compares before working out what it should be priced at.

If I had to take a guess I'd say sometime in Q2 2021 and will be 10-15% shy of the 3090 for around £1000 if Navi is competitive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom