• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Thank the Gods you mentioned that. I was staring intently at the MSI 3090 Suprim and trying desperately to talk myself out of it... and I've now bought a 3090FE for mrp!
I don't know whether to be delighted or disgusted with myself :D

Considering the upcoming price increases, you probably just paid what the 3080ti is going to cost so enjoy it :D

Soldato
I was tempted by a 3090, but instead I've just ordered a 49" ultrawide. Now I'll be patient and get a 3080FE next drop....all for only a little more than a 3090....definitely the better value option!

Associate
Just purchased, thanks for the heads up guys!

I committed to buying the first 6900 XT or RTX 3090 that came in stock at RRP a while back and now it’s finally happened!

Will still be F5’ing various websites on boring conference calls to try and find a 5900X at RRP!

A2B

A2B

Associate
well, I helped at least 3 people get 3090 FE's today. see that Santa/Buddha/mum, I'm a good boy after all!

.. now where's my 3080 FE? :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
10GB will have to be enough edition. :cool:

;)

Maybe I should call it 'blue screen' edition. Was playing Watch Dogs Legion when the PC blue screened and shut down. :eek:

I do have my ram aggressively overclocked but it has been stable at those settings before.

So I need to do some testing later. I will probably go with a less aggressive ram overclock and hope the card isn't the problem.

I sold my 1080 yesterday as well.

---

I don't think it was the GPU, because when the PC rebooted it told me the BIOS had been reset. Which indicates the ram was unstable.

Yep. Defo sounds like RAM. Just loosen it a little or bump up voltage. Some games are more picky.

Associate
well, I helped at least 3 people get 3090 FE's today. see that Santa/Buddha/mum, I'm a good boy after all!

.. now where's my 3080 FE? :)

I owe you one..... but the best I can currently do is a bag of unused Noctua Chromax Swap coloured fan corner mount pad things.

Soldato
Well I did it, after swearing I'd never get one, but I went for the 3090fe.

The delay of the 3080ti did it for me, plus the lack of 3080 stock and the increases in prices for those that are available. Now I'll have to take my PC to bits to install it, as the drive cage will need removing. I have a good 750w PSU so hopefully power shouldn't be an issue.

Also, playing a lot of VR I don't think 10gb will really be good enough in the long run. My 1080ti often reaches that in Skyrim VR modded.

Associate
Buy it plus another 3090 and let us know how multi GPU runs these days
Ah its for SLI? Sorry I have not look at new graphics cards for a while! was just curios why they were suggesting this at checkout. An no I am not ordering the 3090FE again lol. I should be getting the 3070 tomorrow :p

Back
Top Bottom