• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yes but no restrictions just means the bots will always win. What's the alternative? That the retailers interview each buyer for their eligibility?

Just saying it wont stop people just asking another person with a card to order it to their alternative address and ordering off phone for example. Your point would have been better directed at the retailers to do this on release not 6 months down the line. Even people were posting here how they got multiple variants and some were even ordering 'for their mate'.

It should have been limited from the start..

Associate
Just saying it wont stop people just asking another person with a card to order it to their alternative address and ordering off phone for example. Your point would have been better directed at the retailers to do this on release not 6 months down the line. Even people were posting here how they got multiple variants and some were even ordering 'for their mate'.

I think everyone underestimated the demand and frankly, retailers are still making a profit so why do they care? It's only because their regular customers are getting irate and that some like OCUK do want to keep good relations with us that something is being done.
It is what it is, we can only deal with the present situation which means blanket rules unless they can vet each client for a purpose...

Soldato

These are luxury items. They aren't vaccines for our children. People need to get a bit of perspective. It sucks that people are scalping but the market dictates.

How is one person's desire to play Cyberpunk worth more than someones desire to earn money?

Everything on here is always "boohoo the world isnt fair I can't get a graphics card."

People probably shouldn't brag if they have more than one gpu but letting that crap bother you is bonkers.

Soldato
Friends and relatives could buy them would be easier than random online drops
It's a bit more hassle if you need to send your friends to the store to pickup vs just borrowing their details and arranging delivery to their address, especially if the store is not local.

Soldato
It's a bit more hassle if you need to send your friends to the store to pickup vs just borrowing their details and arranging delivery to their address, especially if the store is not local.

Its a graphics card dude. It's isn't essential nutrients. People don't need to bend over backwards to please some desperate people who can't live without playing a video game lol.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its a graphics card dude. It's isn't essential nutrients. People don't need to bend over backwards to please some desperate people who can't live without playing a video game lol.

Dude, people now talk about anxiety and rights and allsorts. I got my card back in November after missing out on the 3080/6800 releases due to working hours not being chained to the webpages.

My young daughter who is eight tells me things they cover in school - would blow your mind, yet they struggle with counting/transacting money and you know other real life skills you need. World has gone mad with hurting people's feelings and you cant say anything without offending someone. Yet social media and platforms have encouraged opinions and keyboard warriors complaining over anything.

Soldato

It's actually easier going into the store drive them there and yes it depends where the store is that's the only issue and give them extra pocket money and still have great deal , online drops are random and go out of stock in minutes how you gonna get someone else to order it for you in such short notice unless they let you use there card details :eek:

Soldato
Dude, people now talk about anxiety and rights and allsorts. I got my card back in November after missing out on the 3080/6800 releases due to working hours not being chained to the webpages.

My young daughter who is eight tells me things they cover in school - would blow your mind, yet they struggle with counting/transacting money and you know other real life skills you need. World has gone mad with hurting people's feelings and you cant say anything without offending someone. Yet social media and platforms have encouraged opinions and keyboard warriors complaining over anything.

People should spend the hours the press f5 working overtime and just pay the ebay market rate for a gpu if they are that desperate.

Soldato

People need to go on social media and spout about muh feelings and blub how they can't get a gfx card then there'll be a change in the law and everyone will be required to take a knee for all the afflicted souls who can't buy a card at RRP!

Man of Honour
How could they account for house shares? Even IF manually vetting every oder?
Whats to stop me odering 5x cards to my house but using Jim, Joe, Jack and Jill as the names next time? They going to interview each person?
The system isnt perfect, but its a dam sight better than what any other retailer seems to be doing. (ie nothing.)

Not sure why people are struggling with this one - there are more options than either doing nothing or a blanket ban indefinitely. That I bought a 3070FE several months ago shouldn't still be blocking anyone else with the same address months on.

Associate
Not sure why people are struggling with this one - there are more options than either doing nothing or a blanket ban indefinitely. That I bought a 3070FE several months ago shouldn't still be blocking anyone else with the same address months on.
Yet you never mention one...

Why should it not block you? If you hadnt noticed, the market has got worse, not better. If/when stock recovers, the restrictions will be lifted.
And as has been said... surely your housemates have parents/siblings/freinds whos address they could use instead?

Man of Honour
Yet you never mention one...

Why should it not block you? If you hadnt noticed, the market has got worse, not better. If/when stock recovers, the restrictions will be lifted.
And as has been said... surely your housemates have parents/siblings/freinds whos address they could use instead?

What difference is it if people are living in a house share, etc. vs individual flats, etc.? I shouldn't really have to spell out the various ways to ensure people aren't buying up loads to scalp without just blocking an address indefinitely.

Associate
What difference is it if people are living in a house share, etc. vs individual flats, etc.? I shouldn't really have to spell out the various ways to ensure people aren't buying up loads to scalp without just blocking an address indefinitely.
The difference is 1 person can then order multiple cards to one address.

Your not on trial here, so no you dont have to spell anything out. But its you that keeps claiming there are so many better ways to prevent scalping than 1 card per address.
Yet so far you havent mentioned a single one.

Man of Honour
The difference is 1 person can then order multiple cards to one address.

Your not on trial here, so no you dont have to spell anything out. But its you that keeps claiming there are so many better ways to prevent scalping than 1 card per address.
Yet so far you havent mentioned a single one.

I never said there is a better way to stop scalping - I said limiting cards per customer isn't a binary thing where the only 2 options are a free for all or an indefinite hard block. I'm not sure why people are struggling to understand that.

Back
Top Bottom