• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
How are the temperatures of the 3060Ti Fe ? My PC is having this low flow air case, room temperature is in general at 23-24.. I am trying to see if it would overheat...

I have this card, it is relatively cool. There is a plenty of thermal headroom.

If air intake for GPU is not blocked on front, you will be fine.

Associate
I work in the industry, you can call them a day or a couple of days before to tell them and they can make an adjustment to allow the payment to go through the system unchecked.

As pointed out, how can I do that when I don't know when the cards are going to drop?

Also the customer service guy I ranted at tried putting me through to fraud detection to discuss it, neither he nor me had any answer for over 30 mins so I gave up and decided to wait for the credit idiots to call me back to tell me 'you fail the affordability check for a £1200 credit card even though you've repaid £10k of mortgage in (under) 3 years'.

I simply would have tried telling them that I would at some point have an outgoing payment of either £649 or £1049 to (FE competitor site) and not to block it, but I can't because they won't even answer.

This is true, its a trade off.. Fraud protection v customer impact. If a payment manages to be processed fraudulently for a value outside a customers normal spending (and they do) the shout is usually "I never make payments that big so why did you let it go out" (Disclaimer I don't work for Barclaycard )

Its the same thing for every single bank.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

my current psu is a 650w and I have 2x 6+2 pins, can I that to put it into the adapter and plug into the 30 series card? Ive heard some people tell me not to do that but im confused now and not sure what to do

Soldato
As pointed out, how can I do that when I don't know when the cards are going to drop?

Also the customer service guy I ranted at tried putting me through to fraud detection to discuss it, neither he nor me had any answer for over 30 mins so I gave up and decided to wait for the credit idiots to call me back to tell me 'you fail the affordability check for a £1200 credit card even though you've repaid £10k of mortgage in (under) 3 years'.

I simply would have tried telling them that I would at some point have an outgoing payment of either £649 or £1049 to (FE competitor site) and not to block it, but I can't because they won't even answer.

Its the same thing for every single bank.
Can you not set up an Amazon pay or do they not accept this?

Soldato
Managed to get a 3080 founders edition yesterday using the telegram app for a notification. Very pleased
Was expecting to spend around £1k to get something but very pleased to grab a card at £650

Soldato
my current psu is a 650w and I have 2x 6+2 pins, can I that to put it into the adapter and plug into the 30 series card? Ive heard some people tell me not to do that but im confused now and not sure what to do

I’ve done exactly this with a 3080 and 650w PSU.

Two separate 6+2 cables into the included adapter which then plugs into GPU. I think the general recommendation is to use two separate cables and not one. Scroll back a bit there was a picture here which illustrates it well.

Associate
Yep, FE models have been shipping with the new firmware for the past couple of months. Just make sure your motherboard BIOS has support and the feature is enabled.
I can confirm that Resizable BAR is working on my model without doing any updates. No problem on my 3900x. Make sure your primary os drive is GPT as you need to disable CSM (MBR wont work). I ended up using mbr2gpt to convert it to GPT (which comes with Windows 10).

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I’ve done exactly this with a 3080 and 650w PSU.

Two separate 6+2 cables into the included adapter which then plugs into GPU. I think the general recommendation is to use two separate cables and not one. Scroll back a bit there was a picture here which illustrates it well.

Problem is that I only have 1 cable with mine! I think I must have thrown out the other one a few years back as I never used it, so Ive just had to buy another online so hopefully should be fine after that

Caporegime
That's ok then, although what about compatibility with corsair/evga/seasonic or whatever.

I see what you mean now, prefer to get a straight cable.

You just plug one or two 8 pin PCIE power connectors into the adaptor and then the 12 pin into the GPU so it works with any brand.

The adaptor connects to your existing PCIE cables, not directly to the PSUs modular outputs.

Edit - sorry seen you'd already got the idea.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
OK well some of the brands already do cables to suit 30 series 12-pin. I was lucky and when Seasonic reached out to their customers proved I had an older model and they honoured the cable and shipped me one for free.

Corsair do one but you will have to pay for it.

For the record Seasonic supply OEM for Phanteks, ROG/Asus and their own line so the cables they supply fit them all. The 12-pin fits my new Phanteks too so very happy!

Soldato
Been playing Cyberpunk2077 for last few hours after getting the 3080FE, everything maxed out on 1440p@100hz and all I can say is wow, what a beast! Temps didn't go over 71c which from what I've read is perfectly fine?

Didn't notice any issues with power or such either from my Corsair TX650M.

Soldato
Happened with my debit card and credit card this morning, even happened with my Barclaycard as well (all Visa). Resorted to trying my Halifax MasterCard as a final throw of the dice and that went through
I had the exact same issue, I think part of it is a problem with the retailers site. Barclaycard VISA uses a live verification check via SMS PIN or mobile banking app. I tried the PIN method twice and the app method once. I passed all three checks, but each time the retailer site failed to process payment. This left three pending payments on my card for few days.

I switched to Halifax MasterCard which failed first time (no live checks) and then went into fraud protection via text messages. Once I cleared that via text messages the payment succeeded on the second attempt.

After each fail the GPU fell out of my basket and I had to start over.

Back
Top Bottom