3570k Ivy Bridge - Upgrade?! (developer / photoshop etc)

Associate
I'm not a gamer anymore but will probably play for a few weeks a year however having a quiet and reliable system is more important to me.

I've noticed my desktop feeling a little slow in batch processing images and isn't as snappy as it once was. I was wondering if an upgrade to something second hand would be a good purchase or even new but I believe Intel are silly expensive at the moment?

I was wondering if going for a nvme ssd? would make a difference, upping the ram and going for an i7 maybe?

My spec is:

3570k ivy bridge
16gb 1600 ddr3 ram
256gb sata crucial m4
gigabye mobo - z77 ds3h
evga 2gb gt 740

Associate
Z77 doesn't support nvme ssds. You can add one via a PCI adapter, but it won't support it as boot dive, unless you use a hacked bios. I'm also on a 3570k with Gigabyte Z77 UP4, and wanted to do the same thing! Not been convinced there's much to do for a real upgrade other than a new build

Associate
I have the same as you alexx--But with a GTX650. A 650psu, 4xHDD internal + the SSd. 4 x 3Tb internals in a Box. Mine works Great with Photoshop/Lightroom/On1 etc etc. I cant afford an upgrade and certainly will NOT pay the RIP OFF prices that everyone is charging...

Back
Top Bottom