360 and Acer 22"

Wee

Wee

Associate
I finally caved in and bought a 360 and it should be with me in a couple of days. I'd like to sit it on my desk and use it with the monitor I use for my PC. I'm running an Acer P223W 22", and despite the product description saying it comes with both VGA and DVI, it only has a VGA socket.

What am I going to need to allow for the easiest way to use both my 360 and PC with the monitor? Can the 360 even connect to a VGA socket, or will I need some sort of device to make that happen?

Really appreciate any help. Cheers.

Caporegime
official VGA cable will let you connect the 360. As for how to connect both, my mate uses a VGA box to connect his. You can also use a KVM swicth though. Basically a little box that plugs into your monitor and the two devices with a switch to switch between them. Personally I'd return the monitor for one that has DVI and VGA though.

Wee

Wee

Associate
OP
D'oh! Had the monitor for a good few months now, so think a return is out the question. I only relised that it didn't come with the DVI port a few weeks back, after reading some reviews on the site I purchased it from. It's right bummer!

Cheers for the advice on the Official VGA cables, it's exactly what I'm looking for. Question though, does the VGA box or KVM switch degrade the picture quality of either the PC or the 360?

Back
Top Bottom