360 cable question

Soldato
ooooo kinda makes sense now from reading this. So as im using the cable with the 360 im getting the worse picture quality really which is composite??

I tried looking to see if my tv was RGB enabled but no luck :( its a Proline 20N1 if some 1 can help me :D

// edit

found the manual and it is RGB enabled woop

Last edited:
Man of Honour
R5Rich said:
ooooo kinda makes sense now from reading this. So as im using the cable with the 360 im getting the worse picture quality really which is composite??

I tried looking to see if my tv was RGB enabled but no luck :( its a Proline 20N1 if some 1 can help me :D

It depends on how old it is really, as most TVs these days have at least 1 RGB SCART socket.

If the TV has a menu, then try having a look at what's available in the SCART settings if any.

Soldato
Right quick question...

In my room i have my 360 and the Freeview box with my tele and thats it. On the back of my freeview box it has an AUX so if i was to plug my 360 into that and onto scart one of my tv (as that is RGB) it *** be fine as long as the AUX on my freeview box is RGB too??

Also i wanna have he audio coming thru my Hi-Fi and my freeview box has audio things on the back of it for that too. So *** i be alright to plug the audio into that then into HiFi and id have better picture and still the same sound??

Man of Honour
R5Rich said:
Right quick question...

In my room i have my 360 and the Freeview box with my tele and thats it. On the back of my freeview box it has an AUX so if i was to plug my 360 into that and onto scart one of my tv (as that is RGB) it *** be fine as long as the AUX on my freeview box is RGB too??

Also i wanna have he audio coming thru my Hi-Fi and my freeview box has audio things on the back of it for that too. So *** i be alright to plug the audio into that then into HiFi and id have better picture and still the same sound??

As long as the freeview box is RGB and the AUX on the freeview box is RGB, then you'll get an RGB picture through it.

Regarding the sound output, I'm not sure, as it'll depend on how the freeview box handles AUX, but as long as when you switch to AUX on the remote and the picture comes on, I'd think the sound should come out the box as well.

Ideally if your TV has audio-output then I'd use that.

Soldato
wicked well i found an audio cable that i can plug from freeview into my djing Mixer and i can and when my 360 is plugged into the back of the freeview the audio is coming out too! now i gotta find out if the aux on freeview is RGB :) ta for ye help

//edited again

Found spec for it on net and it says "RGB Output ability" so all i need is the advanced av cable and im sorted :D

Last edited:
Soldato
DaveyD said:
I was on about the 2nd one, so I'm right :p
(I know exactly what's on the Component cables for the 360... :p )

You were still partly wrong as the standard av cable that comes with the 360 is a composite lead ( lowest quality possible) with a scart adaptor socket.

This cable has a red and a white and a yellow connector - there is no blue or green connection at all

Remember the discussion was about the cable colours - I am certain my composite lead has no green or blue connectors on it what so ever

Man of Honour
FrankJH said:
You were still partly wrong as the standard av cable that comes with the 360 is a composite lead ( lowest quality possible) with a scart adaptor socket.

This cable has a red and a white and a yellow connector - there is no blue or green connection at all

Remember the discussion was about the cable colours - I am certain my composite lead has no green or blue connectors on it what so ever

What did I say wrong?
I said both core + premium cables have composite connection on them with a SCART block.

Red/Blue/Green _____ Red / White _____ Yellow is the component cable, with a side composite cable.
Yellow/Red/White is just the standard composite cable.

Caporegime
Well just plugged in me Joytech one, **** me!! the picture is absolutely stonking, the colours are so rich, everything just jumps out, who needs a HDTV this is ******* amazing quality!!! im well happy. :cool: :cool:

Caporegime
This thread ranks top of the 'Confusion and Misunderstandings' list. :(

R5Rich if you only have one RGB scart input on your TV then you should be able to pick up an RGB scart switchbox for £10-15, just make sure all inputs are RGB.

Soldato
whats the switch box look like? and whats it do? just allow me to change between 1 or more scart things? At the mo i got my free view plugged into my 1st scart which is the RGB one and ive plugged my 360 into the back of that which has RGB output so i **** be alright with just the advanced scart lead :D

Only prob is trying to find the lead!

Caporegime
R5Rich said:
whats the switch box look like? and whats it do? just allow me to change between 1 or more scart things? At the mo i got my free view plugged into my 1st scart which is the RGB one and ive plugged my 360 into the back of that which has RGB output so i **** be alright with just the advanced scart lead :D

Only prob is trying to find the lead!

Comets ave em, and got the proper M$ one, its where i got mine. :D

Caporegime
R5Rich said:
not in stock my way, ill look around town see if i can find 1 some where :D

They are online, you get them delivered in 2x days, i went to the shop to see if they had them as they were on the website, but he said if we aint got them in the store, you can order it to be delivered here, so i did, picked it up today, and im still amazed. :cool:

Associate
OP
Ok, right this was my question... :)

I have 2 Standard Tv's one at uni (beko) and one a home (sanyo).
Now i have the standard cable (composite) + scart supplied with the core.

My first question: what is the difference between using 1- the RGB and 2- The component + the scart adaptor supplied with the core.

Second: Im guessing that it would be best to get the RGB then?

thank for the help anyways!

Caporegime
Yep proper RGB would be better, the composite to scart is giving the same composite signal, wether you use the scart block or not, you can either not use the scart block and just plug the inputs into the coloured phono sockets if you have them, or you can just plug them into the scart block, doesn't make a differnce as the picture quality is the same, the scart block is probably if you do not have the composite inputs on your Tv, so you can just put it through scart. :)

On proper RGB the picture really jumps out at you, colours are so rich, don't look washed out as they do on the composite, text is readable etc... if you have an RGB socket then the difference is huge between composite and RGB, it is on my Tv, looks as good as all these HDTV's, you don't need a one of those. :D

Soldato
The SCART connector on the RGB cable has all the pins connected and each of the red, green and blue signals have their own dedicated line. The result is a far more vivid picture and (in most cases) a vast improvement over the composite.

Soldato
Right, just got an xbox 360 premium, and ive been using the old Composite red yellow and white with the supplied adapter thinger with the corresponding colours.

Now what i dont understand is where people are plugging in their RGB. When cycling on my TV, it goes Normal TV, AV, RGB, then back to normal tv again, so im assuming i have RGB capacity there.

However the tv does only have 1 Scart socket. Do we just use the RGB cables in the red yellow white adapter? Or am i missing some connecters?

Soldato
the adaptor u mean scart thing yeah? Cos the advanced AV scart doesnt have the apator its all 1 peice and that goes straight into ya Tele. As you only have 1 scart it goes there and it seems u have RGB enabled scart socket too :)

Caporegime
You need to buy an advanced Scart Cable for RGB, the lead you get with the Premium is only Composite. :)

Even if he plugs the phonos into the scart block, he's still going to get Composite, he needs to buy a proper Advanced RGB Scart Cable to get the RGB. :)

Back
Top Bottom