1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 controllers powering off?

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Beepcake, 19 Jan 2006.

1. Beepcake

Mobster

Anyone else had this problem with their wireless controllers? I've managed to track down the 'steps' that cause both of mine to power off. If I hold the controller then twist my left hand 'forward' and my right hand 'back' off she goes. It doesn't take that much force, and happens quite often when i'm playing Gotham :(

I'm hoping the Play and Charge will fix it, but anyone else had a similar issue with random power offs?

2. Memphis

Capodecina

Only once and it was caused by an incorrectly seated battery pack. Has never done it again.

3. Doug

Mobster

I just heard soomething crack :eek:

I've only had my wireless controller a few hours, but I haven't been able to reproduce your problem.

4. MadFruit

Mobster

No, but as said above, it might be the battery box isn't seated correctly, or there maybe something not connected correctly inside the controller. Mine never have, and I have twisted them in frustrated anger before :eek: :D

[EDIT]
    Oops, just read it happens with both your controllers... hmm... seems unlikely you'd get two dodge controllers. Still, I've never had it happen to me.

5. jkrohn1

Gangster

Only time mine goes off is when I leave it for ages and don’t touch it? Maybe it’s like Memphis said you have just not seated the batteries right try taking batteries off both controllers and putting them back in again or swapping them around lol might work

6. Beepcake

Mobster

Well I got the play and charge kits and they now both seem fine, I'm guessing it was the amount of 'force' the springs were putting on the battery (the P&C uses a different contact point for the power for those that didn't know).

Thanks for the replies anyway :)