1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 games rental

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Nikumba, 23 Jul 2006.

1. Nikumba

Mobster

If in wrong place my bad.

But of the online dvd/game rentals which is the best one for 360 games?

Cheers

2. McDaniel

Capodecina

Screenselect are great for movies, but must have low stock for games - so wouldnt go there.

Thus far SwapGame have been great :)

3. Unconditional

PermaBanned

Swapgame are more expensive, and with Screenselect there is always the option of also renting a movie should you want it.

SS haven't been too bad for me at all.

4. McDaniel

Capodecina

i had 11 xbox 360 titles on screenselect (no movies) and didnt receive any in 10 days, then they finally sent one in the lowest priority that they got

5. Felix Da Housecat

Mobster

I'm with Swapgame, i've been with them for a less than a month and i'm on my 3rd game, and they have sent them in the order that i wanted them.

The only problems I have is with the site layout, and instead of being able to select a few games and add them, you have to select each one and add it to the list.

6. RubberJabber

Associate

I'm with Boomerang. Get new releases the day before (Burnout & Hitman), fair price of tenner a month for unlimited games and there's a free trial.

7. dannyjo22

Caporegime

For my money theere isnt enough worth renting yet. Its more economical to buy from the MM and re sell on ebay. Ive nearly always made a profit on games too.

8. NokkonWud

Caporegime

I signed up to SwapGame after McDaniel recommended them to me, they sent 2 games out, 1 got lost in the post, contacted them and they were fine about it.

Not only that, they gave me a further 10 day trial:
    So I certainly can't fault them for that, excellent service. Also, the next game was sent out on Friday and arrived Saturday morning.

The only problem I have is with the envelopes they come in, they look like junkmail circulars so you have to be careful that no one else throws them out.

I don't mind paying a little extra for excellent service (thats why I continue to shop at Gameplay) and I can't fault SwapGame.

9. Nismo

Capodecina

Been with SwapGame about 2 months and probably had around 5 games, all have been sent out straight away after a game has been sent back.

No complaints at all from me :)

10. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

11. Wyrdo

Capodecina

Screen Select are terrible for 360 games, just don't bother.

12. Nismo

Capodecina

I've got a list of about 20 games that I never bought or had the chance to play. I wont buy them now as its not worth it, so renting is an ideal option as I get to try all the games that have been released.

Think I will only be buying the most anticipated AAA titles from now on, anything on the periphery will be a rental.

13. NokkonWud

Caporegime

Exactly the same as me, I have about 9 or 10 major titles on order for purchase (Dead Rising, Gears of War, Shadowrun, Test Drive Unlimited, Alan Wake etc...) but I will rent any sports games or alternate games (The Outfit, Over G Fighters etc...).

Renting is the perfect option for things like that.

14. VIRII

PermaBanned

I currently have Quake 4 and RidgeRacer from them on rental.
    I've done pretty well for 360 games from SS.

15. monkeyspank

Soldato

I have had loads of 360 games on my screenselect list. It was months before they sent any, and then they send 2 at once.

16. VIRII

PermaBanned

Hehe well right now I have GUN, Quake 4 and Ridgeracer 6 for the 360.
    SS love me :)

17. GTCole

Gangster

Just signed up with Boomerang, first on the list is Riiiiiidddgggggeeeee Raaaaaaccccceeeeeerrrrr!!! :D

18. Echo toxin

Gangster

I got Call of Duty 2 from SS. They're averaging one game a week with me. Looking forward to playing this ce soir! :D