1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 questions

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by AHarvey, 9 Jun 2010.

1. AHarvey

Capodecina

Hi all,

Couple of 360 questions:

1) I have an elite + cables however i've been given a couple of older core packages for repair but the power cable doesn't fit. It's slightly different in the middle. They also have slightly different power outputs. Can the newer one have the small piece of plastic removed to work or am I going to have to buy a new power cable?

2) Any site recommendations for xbox repairs and moddifying? I currently have 6 xbox's downstairs with various problems :(

2. mole90

Gangster

With each new generation of the 360 motherboard, they had a different power supply (lower wattage each time). Each gen of the PSU can only power its own gen console or newer ones - e.g. you can't use the newest Jasper one to power older consoles but you are supposed to be able to use an original (release day) one to power any 360.

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/360powersupplies.png/

Last edited: 9 Jun 2010
  3. orderoftheflame

Capodecina

This is correct afaik. :)

4. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

If the old ones can be used on new ones, then they should be a dime a dozen on ebay, or you could try cex.

5. AHarvey

Capodecina

ok, thanks for the info. Ebay was my next port of call, especially with the fact 360 failures are common and PSU's aren't :)