360 speed equal to?

Man of Honour
naffa said:
i thought that the 360 ran games at a resolution of 1280x1024 or there abouts. which is more than i do on my pc, 1024 for newer games but games like css i run at 1152. the 360 has a minimum of 2xAA if i remember, but i think that M$ wernt expecting people to react to the lack of anti aliasing as badly as they did in PGR3. so maybe this 2x maybe stepped upto 4x.. and 4x anti aliasing would have definaltely been on PGR3 if the developers had more time on their hands.. so maybe future titles may feature this level of aa.

games are generally ran in 720p and the up/down scaled accordingly. 720 = 1280x720.

Soldato
Yeah like Davey said they run at 1280x720, although COD 2 claims to be able to run at 1080.
I got COD2 off of a mate in work today to have a looksee comparison with the PC version.
COD2 on the 360 defo does not run 4x AA, my PC is set to 4 x AA and there are very noticable jaggies, in comparison. And i think it is also 2 x as the kiosk demo i dont think had any at all and this is better (marginally) than that. The tuxtures are just not quite as detailed, but tbh COD2 on the PC went a bit bump map mad really lol and that might just be because the PC version is running a higher Res, havent had a true chance to Faff about yet
Over the weekend if i can get my camera settings right i will try do comparisons of xbox 360 Vs my PC for COD2, Quake IV (360 Demo, PC full), NSF: MW (360 Demo Vs Full PC) and if there is a tiger woods 06 demo for the PC i will do that vs full version of the 360.
Need to do it from camera so i dont show Screen grabs from PC games Vs camera shots of 360 games, although i think a lot of the finer details will be lost in translation tbh, but i will see :D
I think if MS had forced the 4 x AA policy on Dev's a lot more people would have been a lot happier, as most people bad mouthing screenies etc, the main gripe is the lack of AA.

Soldato
I cant wait to see what kinda games come out at the end of the 360's lifespan, I couldnt believe it when i saw NFS:MW and Burnout Revenge on the PS2, they looked amazing!

Back
Top Bottom