360 Super Elite - Worth it?

Soldato
That bundle is an awesome deal, 250Gb hard drive will be pretty future-proofed too, tempted to pick one up anyway and keep my current Xbox (being fixed under warranty) as a spare.

Think I'll wait for the Modern Warfare one though :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
I was looking at this myself, but I see you can get a regular Elite for £200 with games like NFS Shift included, which is a recent release. Presumably it won't be long before you can get an Elite + Forza 3 for £200 as well. That would mean you'd be paying £50 just for the extra HDD space (unless you need the extra controller) which hardly seems worth it.

Even now you can get a regular Elite for £190, Forza 3 for £35 = £225

As for the larger HDD being future proof, presumably the Xbox 360's replacement isn't too far off anyway.

Soldato
You can't just discount the extra controller though, that's what makes it such a good deal as they are £25-£30 on their own, or you could just ebay it for £20 so you are getting the extra space for £30 (that is assuming that there will be Elite bundles for £200).

Doubt there'll be a next-gen console from Sony or MS until 2012 or thereabouts, so a fair bit of usage to go :p

Last edited:
Don
Fox, your 360 isn't out of Warrenty, a 2007 model will have at least another couple of months for the Red Ring problem, amongst a few others.

However, a super elite at that price would be hard to turn down. When MW2 comes out you will want that as well, so it's better to go down that option now, than it would be to do it at a later date (where you have to transfer all your data across, reinstall games etc, ballache).

Caporegime
Tempted to get one myself because of Forza 3 - hmmm

Just dont know that many people with one outside of this forum. Do certain shops still rent out consoles? Tempted to pick one up for a fortnight and bash out Forza 3 - though I guess most of the draw is MP rather than SP....

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
That's what I'm thinking. I've got a fairly new HDMI 360 prem but with a 120gb HDD and I'd snap their hands off for £130 trade in.

Recently traded in my launch console towards an elite.
Got £80 trade in from one of the usual highstreet retailers.
So £130, assuming we are litterly talking about you trading in the console and a single pad, seems like a very good trade in price.

Infact after checking, you can buy preowned 20gig consoles for £109.99.
So £130 trade in seems off.

Soldato
I love the way they depict that headset as some extra with the super elite, you get it with every 360 :p

Didnt think it came with the ARcade model, does the super elite come with HD cables unlike the norml elite? Think £234 with 2 games and 2 controllers is great VFM without the extra 130 GB HDD, if i was looking to get another one I would get this bundle .

Associate
There are some good deals with the standard elite at the moment.

I got an elite with 2 £10 argos vouchers, Fifa 10 and Halo ODST for £195. After using the vouchers and selling Fifa, that's around £145 for an elite with ODST :)

Though I think that specific deal is over now.

Associate
got mine and i'm well happy with it only problem is having to wait for the cable to transfer data from my old 60Gb drive, forza 3 full install is about 9Gb if i remember correctly thats ~2Gb for the extra tracks n cars and ~6Gb ish for disk 1 and the rest is the bonus cars and tracks downloaded with code in every copy of forza 3

i think however anyone looking for one of these will have to visit there local G or GS as the online stores are out of stock last time i looked

so to sum up 250Gb HDD, 2 black pads, and the all important copy of forza 3 = a great deal in my eyes

oh the games great btw :D defo 10/10

Back
Top Bottom