• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3600 temp spikes when idle.

Soldato
I know I'm not alone here, the Ryzens are known for it, right? One of my core temps seems to spike a lot higher than the rest when idle and it's messing up my otherwise 'silent' and manageable PWM fan config in my bios...

123.jpg

Any tips?

Soldato
I have the same thing on my CPU..

And what im lead to believe is that the AMD CPUs do idle higher compaired to Intel..im sure someone will be along to help more.

Soldato
Not a lot you can do, it's the nature of the CPUs really. They boost to high frequencies quite often to respond to demand of what you're doing or background OS tasks, each time it boosts it does produce heat in a small area. You can't really compare it to Intel systems as they work so differently, a high temperature doesn't mean it's using tons of power.

Soldato
You could always add a slight delay to the fans ramping which means it shouldn't spin up on short idle spikes.

Step up delay is what it's called I think and usually set to 0.1 by default so increasing this should make the fans less sensitive to short spikes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom