3700 san diego overclocking

Permabanned
lol I can get mine to 2.8 without doing any fancy ****.

EDIT: Dunno if swearing is allowed or not, used to forum with a filter on it.

Associate
I've got my SD to 3028mhz but its not stable at 1.5V
3ghz.jpg

I run it at 2.8ghz stable (255*11) HT of 4 @1.41V

So i'm impressed with mine.

I want to see if I can get her stable @ 3ghz though...

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm running my 3700 @ 2.57 257x10 @ 1.475v. Temps are good, idle at 33 load at 45-47 max.

All i have done is tweaked the above settings. What do i else do i need to tweak as i can't get it prime stable above this. My RAM sucks at the moment (cheap samsung pc3200 stuff) so i reckon thats holding me back!

I'm using an Asus A8n Premium SLi.

Thanks chaps

D

Soldato
OP
Darrensen said:
Hi guys,

I'm running my 3700 @ 2.57 257x10 @ 1.475v. Temps are good, idle at 33 load at 45-47 max.

All i have done is tweaked the above settings. What do i else do i need to tweak as i can't get it prime stable above this. My RAM sucks at the moment (cheap samsung pc3200 stuff) so i reckon thats holding me back!

I'm using an Asus A8n Premium SLi.

Thanks chaps

D

use a divider on the ram and drop the HT multi to 3x :)

Associate
blade148 said:
don't think your chip is fauilty, but might indicate your temp sensor on your mobo is a bit naff.

Don't kow your mobo. but the neo 2 's had the same problem til a bios change. might wanna check your mobo manufacture to see if there are any bios updates ... and more importantly .... IF they fix your prob. ( temps jumping. )

i didn't thik 50C was a problem for these chips, and considering your HS is fanless ...??? i'd say it was pretty good. ! :)

I tried BIOS updates but they are all beta's and cause more problems than they fix :( if i use a newer bios i have to keep disconnecting the SATA drives every time i enter the bios, and i can only change 1 thing at a time !

might send it back to dfi and gat a Neo2

Permabanned
dokko said:
Got a 3700 SD running with retail heatsink.

Is it worth attempting an OC?

If i don't raise the volts will it be safe to OC and not raise the temp or not?

As said mate, I have retail heatsink and fan, case with an intake on the side and exhaust on top, and I am running it on stock volts at 2.8 GHz.

Max temp after 2 weeks - 53*C. That was after 4 hours on F.E.A.R.

Soldato
Baker said:
As said mate, I have retail heatsink and fan, case with an intake on the side and exhaust on top, and I am running it on stock volts at 2.8 GHz.

Max temp after 2 weeks - 53*C. That was after 4 hours on F.E.A.R.

THing is, never done it before, and don't even know where to start. Had a look at the OC thread, but still a bit much to digest.

Thinking of gertting an Artic freezer 64 very soon, or wait a bit and get an Alphacool water kit, so dont know if i should wait until then.

The adding extra volts scare's me most, so am thinking to just not bother with that, and change the multipliers, but am scared to make the 1st move!

Associate
needmorespeed said:
use a divider on the ram and drop the HT multi to 3x :)

Hi,

I have done as instructed with regards to the HT but where do i find menu about the divider on the RAM? I have an Asus a8n Premium SLi.

thanks

EDIT: figured the divider bit, it's on 266 so should i go lower? 200mhz?
2nd EDIT: doesnt like booting on 200mhz

Last edited:
Associate
Hi there,

I've just started messing about with my chip which I bought when they first came out.

pabloboccopy.jpg

Whats the max volts you should really be putting through these chips? I haven't gamed much yet so need to see if i'm completely stable but initial tests look good. Have done some photoshop work and some super pi.

Also Does CPUZ report correct voltages? I'm sure in my bios i'm at 1.525 x 104% which in my book give me a CPU voltage of 1.586. I'm running 290 x 10 LDT at 2. Mine doesn't seem to like the 11 Multi very much :( . Running a slight mem divider as I don't think my Ballistix is good for 290.
My cooling is a XP120 with a 120 mm fan blowing down. Bios PC health reports temp about 32c idle. What proggie can I get that will tell me temps in windows (info I assume taken form the bios!!)

Back
Top Bottom