3700+ sd , stock H+F 2.97 Ghz!

Associate
I am a newbie overclocker as this is the first time i have overclocked somethin before. I have the 3700+ san diego and a a8n sli premium mobo. On the standard heatsink and fan i have got 2.97Ghz and the temps are on 55C on full load!

Doesnt take a genius to know thats good :D , its vcore is 1.55 volts and the DDR is at 2.85 volts and the chipset is on 1.6 volts but i am scared of increasing this as i think every time i do my pc comes unsatble and crashes, think it maybe the RAM thast the problem. I was wondering is there a program that would tell me the temp of the RAM? i want to up the voltage in the DDR but i am reluctant because i dont know what the temp for it is!

Shoould i leave the overclock at this or attempt more?

Associate
OP
thx, to be honest it was just a lot of trial and error, and i was lucky i got a good clocker. what is the difference between my overclocked 3700+ and an fx57? is mine faster or does the fx 57 go faster because it has some extra gadgets or something built in?

Associate
Blue Cypher said:
i am new at overclocking so dont moan when i ask: what is stepping?
my mutliplier is at 11 and the other one is 270, forget what its called the second one.
hope that helps

Mate that is awsome. U got a OC on your 3700 what most people dream off and u arnt sure what a stepping is.lol

I ment that in a nice way. Stepping is given to a CPU when they are made. Along with the weeks etc. It lets us know if they are good overclockers.

ie you have a good stepping. Its on the Chip 2nd line down on the Chip.
Opteron stepping is CABNE 0540. So CABNE is stepping at 05 is year 40 is week 40.

Last edited:
Associate
Its written on the actual CPU like so:

Its the 2nd line (i think) of the 3 lines at the top of the chip. (sorry its so blured, cam didnt take pic properly and HSF is on now)

edit - my stepping is CABGE 0521VPAW

Also when did you buy yours mate?

Last edited:
Soldato
legless, that's OK with 2 gigs.

I can only make 2.6 - but that still a p rating of at least 4.3-4.4 i reckon.

i am jealous of first time OC's that do so well though, but my barton 2500 did ok so i can't gumple too much

Associate
jeeze, thats a gem of a chip. I've never heard of an athlon san diago hitting 3ghz with the original Heatsink and fan. Or even a third party one.

With Geil Value RAM too...wow, just wow. IT's almost too good to believe XD

Permabanned
I havn't got mine to any kind of limit yet, had it at 2.8 without upping any voltages or anything. Problem is finding the time to do it.

Soldato
geil valueram at DDR540? i'm having a hard time believing that, unless its geil one or some tccd memory? got a cpu-z pic of the memory tab handy?

Back
Top Bottom