3700+ sd , stock H+F 2.97 Ghz!

Associate
OP
well i am a not very good at this so bare with me, i take it cpu-Z is a program?
and is it bad that my RAM is now at 2.85 volts? Also i dont want to take my heatsink and fan off to see the stepping as i am worried when i put it back on it may not do as well at cooling and bugger my overclock up. to get this high i got my bus to its highest speed stable first on a multiplier of 10, for me my last stable bus was just over 270 but i took it down a notch, i then put my multiplier up to 10.5 and then 11 without any trouble, but i get blue screen of death if i overclock anymore :( still worried about RAM temps as i cannot monitor them.

i can run 3dmark05 with no probs and i play F.E.A.R on full graphics and Quake 4 on full graphics without crashes or instability and also prime 95 i did for half an hour with no probs :D so i guess i am lucky, now how can i easily prove i have this to you because some dont believe me i gues this cpu-z has somethin i can prove it with.

thx for the encouragement by the way guys

Associate
OP
Thx sja360 i will download that as soon as i get home and post the screen shot on here. Another dumb question, does the screen shot i am going to post have to be on some webspace somewhere like an avatar or can i just paste it off my computer into this thread?

Soldato
Blue Cypher said:
Thx sja360 i will download that as soon as i get home and post the screen shot on here. Another dumb question, does the screen shot i am going to post have to be on some webspace somewhere like an avatar or can i just paste it off my computer into this thread?
has to be uploaded to webspace, try imageshack if you dont know any places.

Associate
Blue cypher, what have you used to test the stability of this overclock. Prime ? occt ? super pi ? how long can you prime for ? an overclock doesnt mean much without these tests. My 3700+ will go past 3ghz and be stable in windows, but will fail every one of these tests.

Soldato
looks like its running a divider :confused:
212mhz for the memory and 270 for the HT/FSB.
as for that lovely mhz impressive stuff, hope i can get about 2700-2800 out of my 3700 sd :d

Associate
OP
yeah and i would cry as my process melts, its on the standard heatsink and fan so i have turned it down to 2.87Ghz now because i am teriefied its all gonna go up in smoke, i will overclock more when i get water colled :D

Back
Top Bottom