1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

3700+ SD to X2 3800+

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by MeatLoaf, 8 Mar 2006.

1. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

Hi all

Is it worth changing my CPU from the 3700+ in my sig to a X2 3800+. At stock speeds its slower but im hoping the exra core and an overclock will sort that.

2. Dutch Guy

Capodecina

It depends on what is most important to you, for gaming I doubt it will be much faster as a lot of games are single threaded, if however you do a lot of things together and Windows stuff it will be faster.

3. oweneades

Sgarrista

If you do alot of multitasking then it will be beneficial, If you don't it may pay to wait at the moment.

4. King_Boru

Wise Guy

I wouldnt bother to be honest. Save the money for a new system 6 months down the line.