1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3800 at 2.7 with 1.52V at 45'C Prime

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by StevenG, 30 Jul 2006.

1. StevenG

Mobster

just thought about trying to overclock with more voltage see what happens.. and im getting the following temps

CPU = 42-45'c
    PWMIC = 43-44'c
    Chipset = 47'c

are these temps too low?

2. Jokester

Don

Are you running two instances of Prime?

Jokester

3. TaKeN

Capodecina

I use THIS >> http://sp2004.fre3.com/

To test my cpu, from what i gather its a modified version of Prime 95, and you can select how many CPU's you need to stress at the same time :)

4. StevenG

Mobster

Yes im running dual prime.. and im at 48'C at the minute using a Scythe Ninja

5. SiriusB

Capodecina

The DFI UT boards undereport CPU temperature, usually by around 10C.. so I would say your CPU is closer to 55C.

My 4400+ is at 52C so you should be fine with your temps :)

SiriusB

6. StevenG

Mobster

people have various oppinions on how long to run prime for. how long do you think i should leave it?

7. SiriusB

Capodecina

I ran mine "overnight" - which was about 18 hours in reality [I didn't sleep for that long, was just how long since i started the test :p]

Just run it for a straight 24 hours. You can still do other stuff with your PC such as browse, email, music etc.

If it passes 24 hours then it is a good bet you have a stable overclock. The best test you could probably do is a DC project running long term.

I have been running [email protected] 24/7 since my overclock several weeks ago... no errors yet :D

SiriusB

8. StevenG

Mobster

well i was planning to run it till tomorrow, its on abut 12 hours now..

and if it passes that it will be running FAH 24/7

9. SiriusB

Capodecina

[email protected] is pretty much the most evil of all stress tests to put a CPU through. If you have no issues in a weeks worth of folding I would say you have a stable rig :D

Good luck!

SiriusB

10. StevenG

Mobster

right so should i just go back to [email protected] if that stress tests it. its done 12 hours of prime no problem so i can post that as a stable overclock?

11. SiriusB

Capodecina

Ive seen people post 8 hour prime tests as stable lol.

You could run Prime95 all day every day for days on end, but that wouldn't achieve anything. At least running [email protected] you're getting something done :)

If you have a problem, lower your OC/up voltage/whatever and try again.

You will know if you have a problem with [email protected] you get EUE errors [Early Unit End - i think] either way your stats will be weird too... you might have say 5 WUs credited but only got 20 points from them.

SiriusB

12. StevenG

Mobster

right, im going back to folding @ home to get some more points.. lol right im gonna post my prime's now and then go back to [email protected] :D thanks for advice