• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3950x Owners thread

Soldato
I will either be in the 3950X or 3990X club this month. Depends on the work loads I take on and how we implement EPYC.

Soldato
About to submit my steam hardware survey, adding to the 16 core master race :)

zb4izzxn.slg.jpg

Soldato
OP
Sound crackling? I am having that since I put a Navi in my system. Switching to pice-3 from 4 fixed the sound issue.
Thank you watt matt, That would be great if it solves it for me, but I have a pciex4 nvme...
Tbh I solved the sound crackling by increasing the chipset voltage, but I still have the really weird microphone issue, which is.
Everything fine until I run a game and then it turns to a robotic chipmunk to any one I talk to in any program, even if I record myself it is like this,
Quit the game and all is normal again. This only started when I upgraded my 3900x to 3950x

Caporegime
Thank you watt matt, That would be great if it solves it for me, but I have a pciex4 nvme...
Tbh I solved the sound crackling by increasing the chipset voltage, but I still have the really weird microphone issue, which is.
Everything fine until I run a game and then it turns to a robotic chipmunk to any one I talk to in any program, even if I record myself it is like this,
Quit the game and all is normal again. This only started when I upgraded my 3900x to 3950x
Glad you found a fix.
How much did you increase Chipset voltage too?
I tried up to 1.150v, but I had boot issues if I went higher.
Was not able to find a workaround yet for my sound issue other than what I mentioned. Even stock memory and IF at 1800Mhz didn’t help.

Soldato
OP
Glad you found a fix.
How much did you increase Chipset voltage too?
I tried up to 1.150v, but I had boot issues if I went higher.
Was not able to find a workaround yet for my sound issue other than what I mentioned. Even stock memory and IF at 1800Mhz didn’t help.
I went to 1.125v and 1.050 on the other one.
My cracking came back, so going to try the pciex3 method you suggested

Back
Top Bottom