3990x and asrock creator.. Vrm?

Associate
Hi, im just about to recieve the bits to build my new killer 3d workstation, including an asrock creator motherboard and 3970x cpu.. Of course ive now seen the reviews of the 3990x, particularly with pbo and in vray.. Its aweeeesome.

Im going bonkers trying to decide if i want almost double the rendering power for another £2k

However.. Will the 8power phase creator handle the 3990x? At stock, obviously yes, but with pbo/auto oc?

Frim what i have read, the power stage is good for 720amps, limited to 670 in bios.

No idea if thats theoretical limit or "ok for 24/7 rendering limit"

Apparently that equates to around 1080w from one review i read.. The initial reviews of the 3990 point to it swallowing between 500 and 700w when cranked up by PBO, but those results seem to be temp limited, With reviews hitting 90 degrees with 1-2 320 mm rads.

Given my external cooler has 2x mora3 rads and dual pumps, i might even draw more.. No idea.

Given nobody online appears to have tested that cpu/mobo combination.. (its not an obvious one ) Will it cause issues?

Any thoughts? I dont wanna melt the mobo, or have instability, or, have my clocks massively limited, or degrade the power stages by pushing them too hard?

Its all a bit of a mystery.

Id prefer not to return the mobo, since i need ATX size and would like future option of 4x gpus. Which this board gives.

Back
Top Bottom