1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3g mute button fell off

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by ethan, 6 Oct 2009.

1. ethan

Soldato

Phone is over 12 months but I have only used the mute button three times! Does anybody know if I can take it in to an apple shop and they could offically glue it on or whatever they do with it?

2. Spuds

Hitman

Mine did that a while ago, the way its designed its quite easy for it to catch on things in your pocket. A careful application of some superglue did the trick though.

3. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

If you're close to one, go in and have a whinge they'll probably do it.

4. ca9phoenix

Wise Guy

when mine fell off i took it to the o2 store and they replaced the whole phone :o

however it wasn't yet 12 months old

5. ethan

Soldato

I tried the superglue and that, unfortunately, made it worse as the button-being tiny, is extremely fiddly to fit and the glue is messy. Can't get the button to fit properly now as a result.

6. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

Put it in boiling water, that'll get the glue off.

7. ethan

Soldato

Just been looking at the spare part for it and that would cost about £5.00 if it doesn't clean up. Just wondering whether it is worth my effort as I'm probably going to get rid of it as my contract ends shortly. was hoping for £200 in its present state if O2 don't give me an unlock code. Also trying to find a comparable alternative.

8. RobH

Mobster

O2 can't give you an unlock code as Apple didn't provide any way of unlocking with a code. That is why it has been so difficult to get them unlocked.

9. feriso

Mobster

Unlocking is possible via iTunes but not in the UK, iirc theres a thread with a link to someone who's done just that.