3GS Gelaskin pic

Soldato
you can make your own, awesome. Might get this :D

freemanphone.jpg

Caporegime
Anyone got any experiences with applying these skins, reapplying if it goes wrong and most importantly taking them off properly?

Im interested in using these instead of my Switcheasy case but need to know that when I sell it on it wont cause any damage. I presume the protection they offer is minimal at best :p

Also a clear case would be really ideal to add protection, but can be easily taken off when I want to dock etc...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
I buy mine from Urban Retro: http://www.urbanretro.co.uk/gelaskins.html

I have one for my 3GS and one for my Macbook:

They don't cover the edges. They're basically like vinyl stickers, but they use a low-tack adhesive. Very easy to apply the skin and if you go wrong, they're easy to remove due to the low-tack. Just make sure you clean the surface you want to apply it on first. I had to really keep rubbing the sides on my 3GS though when I was applying it as it initially wouldn't stick. Once the vinyl gets conditioned to the curve on the side of the phone, it's alright. Considering how long these skins have been on my iPhone and Mac and the heat (especially with the 3GS) that they've put up with, they still come off clean.

I originally used to use a SwitchEasy Colors case, but I was thinking of getting one of their NUDE cases.

Soldato
Has anyone actually managed to get their custom gelskin to add to the cart? It seems to get stuck on "Mission accomplished! Adding to cart".

Just had a look as I was thinking of getting one and it did the same to me, however, I do have 1 item in the cart described as a custom gelaskin so I guess it should be okay...

Soldato
OP
yeup silicone came off my fifteen quid case:( don't buy one I was very careful with it like I am with all my thigs and it broke, design flaw in adhesive/materials

Associate
yeup silicone came off my fifteen quid case:( don't buy one I was very careful with it like I am with all my thigs and it broke, design flaw in adhesive/materials

just to confirm: problem with the actual gelaskin/ the surrounding silicone case?

was thinking of getting one for my 3gs

Back
Top Bottom