4.1 is live

Soldato
Going to DFU restore anyway. Prefer having a clean phone much like updating my mac os. Call me anal but i seem to have less problems in the long run in doing so!

Soldato
I've been using the betas and GM on an iPhone 4 and 3G. The speed increase on the 3G was quite noticeable - I'd love to know what they changed there.

As for the iP4 - I'm finding myself using the HDR mode constantly. It's not as 'artsy' as some of the dedicated HDR apps, but I like that. It does make my photos 'better', without making them look too odd.

Game Centre is an interesting one. So far, Ms Pac-Man is the only game to be updated to support it, though obviously more are coming. I'm surprised we haven't had them updated already, like we did when apps got ready for multitasking. That does concern me slightly. Is Game Centre harder to implement than expected?

Either way, it's a decent update.

Oh, and I can't end a post in here without pimping my Game Centre username - OliverHaslam should anyone want to see how poor I am at iPhone games!

Associate
It's an improvement for us 3G users, I'll go that far, still getting apps quitting out when trying to load but I'll give it another day or two.

Soldato
Bah the update has just bricked my phone.

Came up with an Unknown Error during installation now the phone is showing the connect to iTunes screen but wont be recognised when plugged in :(

Yep, same with me :( On the start of the install with the Apple logo and the progress bar at the bottom.

full restore time then.

hope you've backed it up as the only way to get it back is to wipe the phone now ( did this to mates phone once when he wanted his upgrading and he had nothing backed up ... oops)

I did do a backup and a restore, but the silly thing didn't put any of my applications back on! :eek: Oh well :p

Last edited:
Associate
I hadn't updated my 3G to any 4.0 stuff because of the nightmare stories I'd heard but finally caved as it was running slow of it's own accord and it's transformed it!

Still getting a white 4 though...

Back
Top Bottom