4000d hdd and 200mm psu?

Associate
hey there OC forums.

I've just ordered the corsair 4000d case and a corsair hx1200i psu, the length of the psu is 200mm and the case states max of 180mm.
if anyone has this case, would it still be possible to just about squeeze it in without sacraficing the hdd bays? alternatively is there somewhere else inside the case i could sneak a single 3.5mm hdd in?

Thanks! really hoping i dont have to find a smaller 1200w psu to pull this rig off.

Associate
I have the very similar 450D case, being totally honest an HDD was way too noisy in that case if you want silence at idle.

The airflow is so good it doesn't dampen any sound, you'd also get better airflow taking the drivebay out like I did. I retired a 4TB WD blue HDD after I moved to that new case and replaced it with a 2tb SSD.

Likely not ideal for you but an HDD will be quite audible in that case, I'd recommend a switch to SSD or M2 drives only if you can.

Associate
No worries, looking at your case it does have a PSU and HDD enclosure unlike my 450D, which might dampen the sound more.

If you look at the picture on OCUK sales page without the PSU enclosure on, it seems there is space on one side of the HDD cages, maybe you could shift them along a bit possibly screwed in on one side only, or even use cable ties. Looks like it would be possible to fit both.

Edit: Actually it might have a retention part for just up to 1800mm PSU, can't tell as the picture is so dark, I think you better consult with OCUK.

Last edited:
Associate
Wait up a sec before you buy, I added an edit to the last post, I think you'd better ask OCUK anyway in case, as it might have a PSU retention part that could inhibit a 200MM PSU.

Associate
Yeah I wasn't that clear, I mean more integrated parts like rails, it looks like it may slot in on those rails.

At least there doesn't seem to be a vertical part to hold the PSU in place. I bet you could mod it easy enough one way or the other to work how you want it.

Associate
OP
might just get some of those double sided foam sticky pads, and put it on the base of the case with the bays removed, from what i can tell, the drive bays lack any rubber washers anyway. since its underneath the shroud it wont be visible.

Associate
Sounds great, some less capacity but much better for noise and speed. Even with the PSU and drive enclosure you might still have heard the HDD.

Hope the build goes well should look great in that new case.

Back
Top Bottom