4670k woes

Soldato
Hey 8 Pack,

Probably not the correct place for it but I am out of options. other kind members tried to help me but to no avail. Finally decided to overclock my 4670k but I am having no luck what so ever.

Tried keeping it simple, just playing with vcore and multiplier. Then tried playing with uncores and locking memory. Just can't find a stable overclock under real world use. Well, mainly battlefield 1. Game just freezes, not necessarily BSOD.

I have got to 4.1mhz with 4 hours of realbench, but within 30 mins of gaming it will lock up.

Temps do not seem an issue with my Akasa Nero S cooler. Under realbench they stay below 70c.

Here are the readings from hwinfo however:

7d44927b3e.png

7d46a264cc.png

7d4756b23e.png

I have a feeling I might have just lost the silicone lottery.

Any suggestions would be great... failing this I might just have to look into saving for a new gen and ddr4 system. Can't see any upgrades for socket 1150 being worth the money for any performance gains.

Soldato
Drop your uncore to something like 3600mhz to rule that out.

What is your memory configuration? Looks like you have 12gb which is an odd number.

Soldato
OP
Try disabling the iGPU.

Unless you use it ofc

Drop your uncore to something like 3600mhz to rule that out.

What is your memory configuration? Looks like you have 12gb which is an odd number.

SOrry guys haven't checked this in a while and haven't bothered playing around with the OC for a while. Will try your suggestions thanks.

I have 8gb of Avexir Venom. 2x4gb.

Associate
I had similar problem, and the issue was ram not processor try running memtest86 overnight and see if it gives you any errors.

Do it on default bios settings.

Caporegime
SOrry guys haven't checked this in a while and haven't bothered playing around with the OC for a while. Will try your suggestions thanks.

I have 8gb of Avexir Venom. 2x4gb.

Recommend spec for BF1 is 16Gb, a mate of mine was getting constant lock ups with BF1 and 8Gb, he’s now got 16Gb and the lock ups have stopped.

Have you tried winding back the graphics settings to see if the freezes persist?

Back
Top Bottom