• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4870 to 5770 swap, drivers?

Associate
Hi, I've taken the plunge and ordered a 5770 to replace my room heater of a 4870 (everything else in my PC is silent, but I couldn't get rid of all the 4870's heat).

What's the best, 100% foolproof way to change drivers? I'm at 9.6 at the moment, and I guess that even though they're all ATI I should still fully install, and then reinstall from scratch? I'm just hoping there's some way to be lazy, as I've got loads of custom profiles set up in CCC, and I can't be bothered to do it all again

Associate
Not sure if this is the best way, but it seemed like it removed everything it was supposed to.

I chose to install Catalyst again.. (without removing anything first) by running the setup.

Catalyst detects the previous install, and removes it completely first.

When i checked everything after removal, i could see nothing was left (although i cannot confirm the registry).

Associate
OP
Thanks, I did wonder if I just stick it in, turn on, and run the new catalyst installation. I did this last time (4870 512 to 4570 1Gb) and it was fine (and kept the profiles!) but this seems like a bit more of a change.

Back
Top Bottom